Millhill Child And Family Development
Trenton , NJ
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are looking for a responsible, self-driven, and goal-oriented Family Worker as part of our growing team. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated with strong organizational skills, and an expert multi-tasker. Candidate will have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with students, parents, staff, and the public. The ideal candidate will be collaborative, creative thinker, solutions-oriented, and problem solver, and customer service-minded. Occasional evenings or weekends could be required.
- Under the general direction and supervision of the Director of Operations, serve as a point of contact with families in the program
- Initiate, and conduct outreach, stakeholder and community engagement activities to achieve enrollment goals
- Attend school district meetings
- Communicate with parents regularly through emails, phone calls, and memos, as well as engage parents in any events or issues occurring in the program.
- Maintain intake process, review eligibility, and assists families with completion of enrollment process; prepare and maintain required presentations, reports, and records, as directed
- Assist in marketing to ensure that all advertising, social media, public relation pieces, etc., are accurate and of the highest quality.
- Complete and maintain the USDA (lunch) Applications
- Input student information in Outcome Tracker/ Prepare classroom information reports
- Conduct Home Visit process to build rapport with families
- Preparation of Parent Orientation, Welcome Back events and other parent engagement events
- Cooperate with other staff in planning and conducting special events and projects.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested and necessary
- One to three years relevant experience. Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Demonstrated success in engaging customers
- Self-starter; Can-do attitude, ability to navigate barriers
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels including staff, parents and children; outstanding communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to problem solve and take initiative that adhere to the purpose, mission and goals of Millhill
- Strong computer skills, software proficiency with all Microsoft applications.
- Valid drivers license and reliable vehicle for transportation.
- These duties are not inclusive. Other duties as are necessary to facilitate smooth functions of the agency may be assigned.
Skills and Attributes
- Candidate should demonstrate Millhills vision of building a thriving community where everyone has access limitless possibilities
- Candidate should demonstrate Millhills core values of teamwork, adaptability and flexibility, dignity and respect, diversity and inclusion, professional excellence, ethics and trust.
- Self-motivated, strong organizational skills, ability to multitask, prioritize, detail oriented, and flexible
- Ability to take direction, but also work independently, team player, resourceful and creative thinker
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Benefits include paid time off with a generous holiday schedule for Winter and Spring break, health, dental and life insurance, tuition reimbursement and 403B plan with employer match
Millhill Child and Family Development is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees