Family Nurse Practitioner
Allmed Staffing Inc
Huntsville , AL 35801
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Large managed care organization has part-time contract opportunities for experienced Family Nurse Practitioners with prior home health experience with the senior population. The location is Northern Alabama.Must be credentialed by Medicare, Medicaid.
Duties include performing health risk assessments at first by telehealth visit. When the state allows, home visits will resume. Must live in one of the counties listed.
PAY: Televisits $65.00 per hour. When the state permits in-home visits,$ 100.00 per hour
LOCATION:Must live in one of these counties in Nothern Georgia:
Lauderdale, Limestone, Jackman, Morgan, Marshall or Dekalb county
- Min of 1 year Family NP prior home health experience required
- ANCC or AANP certified
- Must have an active/unrestricted license in Alabama.
- Must be credentialed by Medicare, Medicaid, and other Private Insurance Companies
- ACLS / BLS / CPR Certification
- CAQH required to be considered
- Must have an NPI number
- Able to work part-time only 2-3 days a week
- Must live in the county listed, and be willing to travel up to a 50 miles radius from their home zip code
- Experience with electronic medical records / electronic health records
- Proficiency with MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
- Strong background/interest in primary care and preventative medicine is a plus
- Own car with adequate automobile insurance
- Home internet connection
- Excellent clinical assessment and analytical skills
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills
- Experience comprehensive, adult/geriatric/pediatric/postpartum physical exams
- Demonstrated ability to recognize conditions, characteristics, and behaviors
- Perform health risk assessments which are essentially history and physicals done within the patients home or on occasion in a nursing home or other health facilities; on occasion some of these assessments are done through a telehealth visit using simultaneous video and audio communication.
- Clinical documentation of acute, chronic, and long-term healthcare issues through the patient encounter in EMR system; Documentation must be accurate, high quality, and completed in a timely manner
- The provider will ensure all appropriate consent forms are signed and dated
- The provider will have frequent interaction with patients, coders, schedulers, and supervising physician
- The provider will educate patients and/or patients family on chronic medical conditions, preventative care, and medication adherence compliance
- The provider will complete referrals to case management, nursing, pharmacy, etc. as needed
- The provider will participate in clinical meetings and compliance training which are primarily web-based; however, the provider will occasionally be required to attend on-site training
- The provider will not be required to prescribe medicine nor order any lab or diagnostic testing
- Scheduling based on needs and NPs availability this is not a full-time position and there are no guarantees of weekly needs. Needs fluctuate throughout the year.