Vanguard Ems, Inc.
Beaverton , OR 97005
Posted 3 weeks ago
The Facilities Supervisor provides leadership capability to complex facility projects. Work as part of a team providing support to achieve and maintain a clean, safe, productive and organized work environment.
Vanguard EMS, Inc. is in the service business. Even with Vanguard’s state of the art technology, vast manufacturing capability, and leading-edge information tools, we wake up every day thinking about how best to serve our customers, suppliers, and the communities in which we live.
What you’ll do:
- Evaluate, problem solve and respond to service requests in a professional and timely manner.
- Maintain HVAC systems and support various electrical projects using a limited electrical license.
- Assure that all required Janitorial services are performed through internal personnel or outside vendors.
- Light plumbing maintenance, repair projects, construction, and building/removing partition walls.
- Manage safety, health and environmental programs with Safety Manager.
- Coordinate and maintain building security processes and systems.
- Lay-out, set-up and relocation of people, offices and equipment according to growth or reduction cycles, changes in building use, and business needs.
- Provide emergency management in the event of a natural or man-made disaster.
- Support IT department with system set-up, tear down and wiring.
- Maintain communication systems including desk and cell phones and pagers.
- Maintain required permits, building drawings, and documentation for internal and external requirements.
- Manage relationships with utilities, contractors and building owners and services.
- Anticipate/respond to seasonal facility requirements.
- Maintain appropriate documentation for all areas overseen by facilities.
- Actively interface with all departments as a service provider; respond to needs proactively and reactively.
- Maintain and prioritize competing requests for facilities services, keeping all customers informed.
- Maintain plant in place drawings in AutoCad.
What you’ll need:
- Experience with computer systems, including MS Windows and Office applications.
- Ability to self-manage, prioritize activities, and make judgements to meet business demands.
- Ability to make commitments and provide visibility of progress status.
- Good organizational, problem solving, customer service, and communication skills.
- Creativity, drive and imagination
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Previous management of a similarly sized and situated commercial facility.
- Exceptional hands-on experience maintaining and troubleshooting HVAC, electrical, plumbing and general building systems.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- Current or previous HVAC license and current Limited Electrical License.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses production equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
This Job Posting is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities associated with this position. Management reserves the right to modify and assign other duties as necessary.
Employees enjoy a benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401K (with employer match)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Profit sharing
TRAINING REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION (will be provided) –
- ESD Controls
- FOD Prevention
- Equipment Introduction
- Maintenance and Repair of Production Equipment
- Humidity System
- Work Environment Controls
- Disaster Recovery