Facilities Associate II
The Sixth Floor Museum At Dealey Plaza
Dallas , TX 75202
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Facilities Associate II works under the direction of the Operations Manager or Asst. Operations Manager to assist in overall upkeep of the museum buildings and adjacent grounds. The Facilities Associate II is responsible for completing maintenance requests, coordinating work orders with Dallas County facility personnel, setting up/taking down for special events, and assist in supporting Museum functions through regular communication with the Operations Manager or Asst. Operations Manager. Essential Responsibilities:
- Monitor guest and staff safety; taking appropriate action to enforce rules; which entails consistent walking and interaction
- Conducts routine preventive maintenance of public and non-public spaces.
- Communicates to the Operations Manager or the Asst. Operations Manager any need for electricians, plumbers, carpenters, and other contractors as required
- Sets up and take down tables, chairs and other equipment for internal and external special events in the Museum
- Ensures daily routine cleaning and lighting of public and non-public spaces of the Museum.
- Ensures trash cans are emptied inside and outside the Museum.
- Ensures restrooms are properly stocked with toilet paper, soap, paper towels, and other needs as needed.
- Reports any lapses in preventative maintenance to the Operations Manager or Asst. Operations Manager.
- Inspects public and non-public spaces of the Museum and parking lot: records maintenance needs and assessments; reports emergency repair requirements to the Operations Manager.
- Responds to service requests for repairs promptly for both public and non-public spaces.
- Assists outside contractors with various duties such as housekeeping and maintenance personnel.
- Aides in the completion of walk-throughs of outside areas including the parking lot, 411 store, Reading Room, 501 Store + Caf, and events.
- Serves as a backup responder to emergency calls.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Performs required tasks in accordance with applicable Standard Operating Procedures, rules, or established processes.
- Conducts inventory of all lighting, light fixtures, and cleaning supplies, replacing lamps, as necessary.
- Inspects JFK Memorial Plaza for cleanliness, graffiti, daily maintenance, and emergency repairs.
- Three or more years of hands-on facilities, custodial, or housekeeping experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and follow basic instructions in English.
- Strong knowledge of effective facilities and housekeeping procedures.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some late nights as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Incumbent will be required to move cones, signs, reset wheel-stops, immobilize vehicles with a boot that weighs more than 10 pounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time as well as other physical activity including moving, kneeling, bending, stooping, reaching, climbing ladders, lifting, and pushing odd or irregular shaped objects regularly.
- Consistent daily exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
- Ability to stand/sit and work long hours.
The Sixth Floor Museum has competitive benefits which includes medical, dental, vision, and matching 401k plan, STD and LTD, vacation, sick, personal and holiday pay.