Fpwa (Federation Of Protestant Welfare Agencies)
New York , NY 10004
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Reporting to the Office Manager, the Facilities Assistant supports the effective day-to-day operation, management and maintenance of FPWAs office and conference center environment, ensuring a clean, safe and efficient physical space to support staff and guests.
- Partner with Office Manager to provide daily support and assistance as needed in the maintenance of all facilities, bathrooms and breakroom supplies and equipment
- Provide conference and meeting room support, including seating setup/breakdown and technology setup/troubleshooting, ensuring that scheduled events in facility are appropriately arranged, requested equipment and services are available, the event has been posted and group appropriately greeted and that rooms are left in good condition etc.
- Perform janitorial functions ensuring workspaces and all areas of the facility are cleaned and maintained to the highest standards in adherence with all applicable-health, safety and fire requirements
- Conduct preventative maintenance - repairs and painting - on an on-going basis
- Perform mailroom and copy room operations, including completing special projects, photocopying requests and outgoing mail management
- Undertake courier/messenger duties as requested
- Maintain office and facilities supply inventory and distribution
- Where necessary, be available on weekends for conference center events and facility maintenance projects
- Provide coverage for reception area as needed
- Manage conference room bookings as needed
Undertake other tasks as may be assigned by the Chief Operating Officer and/or Office Manager
This position does not supervise employees.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment and light industrial equipment.
- Prior experience in maintenance, facilities and office services support
- Light construction, painting, plumbing and cleaning experience preferred
- Operating knowledge of a range of office technology, including copy machines,phones, computers and AV
- Skilled, proactive project manager with ability to manage multiple priorities and keep calm under pressure
- Flexible to provide extra support/coverage as needed
- Excellent communication & customer service skills with superb ability to effectively collaborate within a diverse work environment
- Highest level of integrity and honesty
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Excellent Benefit Package including medical, dental, vision, life, 403(b) with match and more
- Ample Vacation Time: Four weeks of paid vacation accumulated during the year plus 12 company holidays
- Work-Life Balance: Twelve telecommuting days provided a year, one per month, to support work-life balance
- Professional Development: Resources committed to bolster professional and personal growth
- Modern & Flexible Work Environment: Our staff work out of a beautifully designed open workspace with flexible and tech-equipped meeting spaces to support different workstyles, promote team building and collaboration
FPWA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FPWA is committed to employing people who reflect the diversity of our member agencies and the communities and people they serve. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged.
Cover letter and resume required. Please indicate any salary requirements you may have in your cover letter.
No phone calls or other inquiries please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.