Extrusion Winder (Production) Operator
Virginia Beach , VA 23450
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Under the supervision of the Plant Manager, along with the direct day to day activity flow management of the Shift Foreman, the operators primary function is to effectively package the finished goods product to shipping specifications while maintaining a clean working environment. Additionally, the operator is to fully support other team members to ensure maximum efficient operations.
- Doff strapping coils
- Palletize strapping coils to packaging specification
- Perform quality checks/weigh coils
- Monitor winder arms/settings to ensure finished goods quality is achieved
- Dispose low quality strap or coils through grinder utilization
- Consistently support teammates to ensure maximum production efficiency
- Notify Technician of out of specification product
- Actively support positive work environment initiatives (cleanliness + positive attitude)
- Rotating, 12-hour shift schedules on days and nights
- Rotational, paid cross-training in other Polychem locations - South Carolina & Virginia
- 1yr+ manufacturing experience
- Task & achievement oriented
- Attention to detail
- Capable of repetitive lifting of 40lbs
- Competitive wages (additional $1.50 per hour night shift premium).
- Merit increases based on line assignment, performance and annual reviews.
- Health & Pharmacy, Vision and Dental Insurance.
- Company paid Group Life Insurance, STD and AD&D.
- Voluntary Life Insurance and Ancillary Policies.
- Paid Holidays.
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- 401k plan with up to 3% company match