Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Mount Vernon , IL 62864
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Export Coordinator position is responsible for arranging the transport and shipping documentation of materials from all corporate shipping departments to final international destinations. This position is responsible for managing international sales order shipments with the customer and invoicing. Also assists customers and field services with export from international locations to import in the USA. Key responsibilities include actively participating in the effective resolution of issues and delays in the extended supply chain.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Ensure accuracy of sales order entry with customer purchase order, shipping terms, and payment terms.
- Communicate effectively with customers, freight forwarders, customs brokers, vendors, foreign sales agents, and a wide variety of personnel in multiple company departments.
- Maintain a highly organized system of record keeping for monitoring numerous active shipments from pickup through delivery so that accurate up-to-date information can be provided regarding any shipment.
- Proactively handle constantly changing customer shipment routing requests.
- Effectively maintain detailed shipment files for audit trail and accounting purposes.
- Ensure air, ocean, and domestic inland portion of shipments are compliant/documented with all safety and environmental regulations.
- Serve as troubleshooter, diplomatically dealing with problems inherent in moving freight long distances and holding inventory in multiple global locations.
- Verify with internal company staff complete and accurate information regarding warranty shipments and field service parts requested shipments.
- Obtain shipping quotations quickly and accurately evaluating trade-offs between transportation costs and service levels.
- Uses MAS software on a daily basis.
- Associate degree in logistics related field, or business, preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of global logistics or international supply chain process.
- Good PC skills with file management and proven proficiency with MS Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced, often stressful environment due to time sensitive shipping deadlines.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to build good working relationships with colleagues and across a wide spectrum of internal staff, international customers, and supporting international chain of distribution.
- Ability to manage, and judge, multiple priorities.
- Strong communication and planning skills are required.