Experienced Underground Coal Miner (Murray Maple Eagle Coal)
Murray Energy Corporation
Powellton , WV 25161
Posted 6 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Employees in this role provide general labor as assigned by the supervisor which may include, but is not limited to, building stoppings, setting posts and roof supports, maintaining clean areas, hanging curtains, operating equipment, assisting mechanics, and other duties as assigned.
Candidates must meet all federal and state requirements to work in this position and to perform associated tasks.
- Ability to work in an underfground mine environment.
- Ability to rotate shifts on a 24/7 basis and work overtime as needed
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Ability to communicate with all levels of mine management and co-workers
- Ability to perform heavy labor
- Visually inspect work area for potential hazards
- Perform methane checks
- Ability to perform fill-in duties for other workers as necessary
- Able to work independently without supervision
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned tasks
- Strong attention to detail
Preferred Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Must have completed MSHA Underground Miner Training and have current retraining.
- At least one (1) year related experienced preferred but not required.
- Must have current West Virginia Coal Miner credentials
This company is an equal opportunity employer with competitive compensation and excellent benefits including health insurance, dental, vision, and 401k. Those individuals searching for a challenging and rewarding opportunity should apply.