Executive Sous Chef
Inn At Perry Cabin
Saint Michaels , MD 21663
Posted 3 weeks ago
ANTICIPATED START DATE IS FEBRUARY 1, 2021
The Inn at Perry Cabin is a beautiful 78 room luxury hotel, located on the Miles River in St. Michaels, Maryland that features world-class amenities for play, relaxation and exploration. Tucked along a private corner of the Chesapeake Bay, on more than 20 acres of manicured lawns along the Miles River, the Inn at Perry Cabins nautical charm and casual elegance inspire a genuine sense of escape. It is just moments by foot, bicycle, car and boat from the historic town of Saint Michaels
The resort is home to acres of vibrant landscaping, tennis courts, waterfront activities and boating, the Spa, pool and fitness center, but its greatest feature is its team of dedicated service experts with a culture built on the five principals of Integrity, Service, Teamwork, Professionalism and Delivering Results,
A main feature of the Resort is food and beverage. Home to Stars Three meal restaurant and Purser's Pub and known for our glamorous weddings, guests enjoy culinary delights from local fisheries and farms, small plate offerings while enjoying a rare sprits, craft cocktails, and local beers designed by our culinary team.
For more information on the resort and the amenities, please visit www.innatperrycabin.com
- We are seeking an Executive Sous Chef to provide technical and administrative assistance to the Executive Chef and ensure the effective operation of the kitchen and food production for the kitchen, which includes the three meal Stars Restaurant, Purser's Pub, Pool side dining in season, In room dining and banquet events.
- Supervise the entire kitchen in the absence of the chef
- Train and supervise culinary employees and schedule production work for the team. Monitor the team in all phases of service and job functions.
- Review quality of product, ensuring meals are prepared and delivered on time and in acceptable quality and quantity
- Assist with developing new menu items, test, write and standardize recipes. Meet with the Exec Chef to review equipment needs, plate up assistance, cleanings schedule, project completion, health/safety sanitation and follow up.
- Review daily activities - house count, forecasted covers for outlets, catering activities, meetings, VIP, etc.
- Ensure compliance to all safety and sanitations regulations.
- All other duties as assigned.
The Executive Sous chef should have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Certification of culinary training or apprenticeship acquired, with a Culinary degree strongly preferred.
- Food handling and sanitation certificates are required.
- Minimum three years experience in a management capacity in a culinary department of an upscale hotel, at least 6 years of progressive culinary experience
- Demonstrated skills at all culinary stations
- Experience in three meals, breakfast lunch and dinner, as well as some experience in a high volume banquet culinary
- Experience with scheduling, payroll, inventory
- Must be computer proficient
- Demonstrates knowledge of sanitation and safety regulations.
- Must be able to work in a high volume and fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays and am/pm shifts.
- Previous experience as a sous chef in an upscale full service hotel
- independent hotel experience helpful, experience in a seasonal locale.
- Bi lingual
As a full time manager, the following benefits are offered:
- Low cost medical benefits, including vision and dental, the 1st of the month following 60 days.
- Free life insurance and Free short and long term disability benefits
- 401k with a company match
- Access to flexible spending accounts
- Paid time off/vacation and paid holidays
- Phone stipend
- Access to hotel discounts and discounts with Preferred Hotels.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.