Executive Sous Chef (Cdc) - Soho House New York
Soho House & Co.
New York , NY 10001
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Who We Are:
Soho House & Co is a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada and Europe, with new openings planned for all global regions, with the addition of Asia in 2019.
SEE HOW WE WORKHAVE FUNANDWHY WE STAY
Soho House New York is a converted warehouse in Manhattans Meatpacking District, 44 bedrooms of varying sizes, Drawing Room, Club Bar, Library, Pantry Bar, Restaurant, Screening Room, Rooftop with Swimming Pool, 44-seat Screening Room and Cowshed spa.
This position will be responsible for supporting the Executive Chef and planning, organizing and leading the kitchen department. As an Executive Sous (CDC) you will be responsible for training safe work habits, participating in analyzing cost and quality food production as well as setting budgets. In addition, the Executive Sous supports daily volumes that can exceed 1500 covers as well as 40 + events, while maintaining global consistencies through out the mean and seasonal implementations.
- Ensures the efficient operation of food production of areas he/she is put in charge of by the Executive Chef
- Participates in analyzing cost and quality of food production, knows to manage within a set budget and adheres to time management
- Train safe work habits and alert the staff to notify the chef on duty of any dangerous or unsafe places in the work area at once
- Responsible to implement and maintain all standards set by the Company; establishes the manner and means to train staff according to standard
- Produces and maintains the highest food quality and controls for all food products served in all areas
- Is instrumental in assuring the highest health, sanitation and safety standards necessary in food handling and overall cleanliness
- Guarantees that menus, recipes, methods, pictures and specifications given by the Executive Chef are followed
- Checks all food outlets and food displays for creativity, quality, cleanliness and food safety
- Assures timely set up, schedules well trained cooks in all areas in proper uniform
- Ensure teamwork and proper communication with the front of house staff
- Ensure that guest and members requests are accommodated when and where possible
- Works with Events department on a regular basis regarding menus, food preparation, food costs, ensure that quality food service and product is delivered
- Delegate daily tasks to staff to ensure smooth operation and service
- Shares the overall responsibility of proper storing procedures, food orders, food cost, equipment, sanitation and hygiene to Company and NYS standards with the Executive Chef
- Ability to do staff schedule, payroll, and other administrative tasks as required
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years experience in a related position
- Food Handlers certification
- Strong knowledge of NYS sanitation regulations
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal
- Individual must possess a good work history and stability
- Excellent cooking skills
- Experienced in training subordinates in large quantity food preparation and excellent knowledge of quality food operations
- Has the ability to taste all foods to assure correct preparation
- Product cost and quality conscious
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 10 hours
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the club to others
- Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift of up to 50 pounds on occasion and 35 pounds regularly
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required
- Health Care + 401K: Full time employee's are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick days + vacation days
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career internationally.
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge