Executive Director (Non-Profit)
Sarasota , FL 34240
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Make Disciples Charitable Foundation's mission is to enhance, promote, protect and education individuals regarding the Christian faith, with a goal of influencing culture, families and individuals worldwide through ministry. The focus is on ministry, opportunities for grace and grace-focused programs, mission programs and other programs while always following the Bible and its instruction with a focus on the command that God gives us in the Book of Matthew, verses 19 and 20: "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. Surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
We are looking for an experienced Executive Director to assist with the creation and oversee all operations, functions and activities. You will be responsible for giving the proper strategic direction and implementing a high quality vision. An excellent executive director is an influential manager with ability to lead and motivate. They have great communication skills and take a holistic approach in managing the foundation's operations. The goal is to manage and lead the foundation towards the realization of its mission.
- Governance: Works with Trustees in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading Make Disciples in a manner that supports and guides the organizations mission as defined by the Trustees.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Trustees and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Trustees to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Make Disciples, to include submission to the Trustee's of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with Trustees and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of Make Disciples programs that carry out the organizations mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that Make Disciples can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of Make Disciples image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible effective administration of Make Disciples operations.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience.
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
- High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the foundation's strategic future to the staff, trustees, volunteers and donors.
- Ability to effectively communicate the foundation's mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Wellness Resources