Rapoport's Restaurant Group
Delray Beach , FL 33446
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Begin your journey with Rapoports Restaurant Group!
Rapoports Restaurant Group is now hiring a qualifiedworkingExecutive Chef.
This fast-paced, casual restaurant with an emphasis on contemporary American favorites. Most recently being chosen by our employees as the Number 1 Top Workplace for 2020 from the Sun-Sentinel for Mid-sized Companies.As the Executive Chef, you will supervise and oversee all activities concerning the Back of House F&B operations and personnel for this location. Your responsibilities will also include, but are not limited to, ensuring an efficient quality finished product throughout the restaurant operation, keeping all restaurant costs within budget, develop and mentor the kitchen team, overseeing all kitchen operations that include procurement, production, preparation and presentation, develop recipes and cost controls, plating specifications, daily line checks, production schedules and cleaning duties for the kitchen in a safe and sanitary work environment. The Executive Chef needs to have the ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism as well as direction from upper management.Qualifications:
Core Tasks & Responsibilities
- Must have at least five (5) years of experience in a similar position
- Formal culinary training preferred
- Must have experience supervising a staff more than 20 and the creating of schedules
- Must have good communication, organizational, and supervisory skills
- Must have strong coaching and development skills
- Must be able to work well under pressure and be self-motivated
- Must have prior experience in labor, ordering, food cost control and Inventory control
- Must have a working knowledge of knives, knife skills and small wares equipment
- Comprehension of English oral and written language
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Must have a working knowledge of health, safety and sanitation procedures
- Must have a working knowledge of weights and measures and various cooking techniques
- Computer literacy required
- Knowledge of Excel and Hot Schedules. Dining Edge is a plus.
- Routinely taste food items to ensure consistency and conformance to recipes and standards of appearance.
- Constantly evaluate menu for quality, consistency and trueness to concept.
- Control food costs by maintaining product storage requirements, daily work sheets, standardized recipes, and waste control procedures.
- Create daily specials in keeping with Restaurants style and seasonality
- Maintain product quality standards and consistency, through the hourly BOH employees and Sous Chefs.
- Ensure cost control through proper ordering and scheduling
- Step into any BOH position that requires filling
- Have a strong social media presence
- Use daily kitchen notes and e-mail to communicate amongst the team.
- Respond to multiple email, texts and phone calls throughout the shift/day
- Lead by example and develop through positive reinforcement
- Attend weekly manager meetings participating accordingly
- Comprehend, dissect and comment appropriately on monthly P&L reviews
- Complete administrative duties by established deadlines
- Maintain open lines of communication between front of the house and back of the house at all times
- Be firm, fair and consistent when involved with employee issues.
- Maintain a clean and organized BOH workspace including receiving area, dumpster area and prep kitchen.
- Maintain all proper documentation of disciplinary actions and incident reports.
- Create and/or oversee the creation of the Restaurant BOH Schedule
- Perform annual reviews with the Culinary Director for the Sous Chefs
- Interview, hire, train, evaluate and review all hourly BOH Restaurant staff.
What We Offer: Competitive Salaries and Bonuses
- Keep the restaurant financially successful by constantly evaluating and taking measures to ensure maximum profits.
Paid Time Off, Matching 401k
Medical, Dental, Vision, and other benefits
NO TELEPHONE CALLS OR AGENCIES. Only local candidates will be contacted; there is no relocation for this position. Immediate Opening.We Encourage a Diverse Workforce: Rapoports Restaurant Group believes that a diversified group of associates contributes to a culture of values, team spirit and company growth. We feel this helps us to adapt to and embrace the diverse cultures and beliefs of our customers and the communities in which we live, work and do business in. If youre looking for a company that respects your unique merits, professionalism, and skills, wed like to talk to you.We thank all that apply, but only those candidates who meet the position requirements will be contacted. RRG conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local employment discrimination laws.We are a Drug Free workplace and participant with E-verify.
- A full corporate team to support with Accounting, HR, PR, Purchasing & more