Del Sol Medical Center is a Level II Trauma, 347 bed acute care TJC accredited hospital. Within our hospital campus, we also house an Inpatient, CARF accredited Rehabilitation Hospital.
We are located on the Eastside of El Paso, Texas right off of Interstate 10. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
Under the supervision of the Environmental Services Supervisor, cleans and maintains assigned areas in a sanitary, orderly, and attractive condition. Ensures that these activities are performed and in accordance with local codes and legislation, JCAHO guidelines and requirements, and facility policies and procedures.
1.Sets up carts with all supplies and equipment according to specifications.
2.Changes curtains, and cubicle curtains as assigned.
3.Cleans stairwells, elevators, and baseboards.
4.Cleans water fountains.
5.Cleans restrooms and replenishes essentials.
6.Cleans working equipment.
7.Collects and disposes of trash. Also picks up trash and debris from hospital garage, grounds, and parking areas as assigned.
8.Damp-wipes furniture and fixtures with germicidal solution.
9.Dust mops floors.
10. High-dusts vents, cabinets, and other furnishings.
11. Locks doors after completion of work.
12. Prepares detergents and germicidal solutions according to formula.
13. Moves equipment and furniture for relocation of offices.
14. Moves equipment and furniture for cleaning and rearrangement.
15. Operates electric floor/carpet machines and various types of sweepers.
16. Picks up necessary supplies. Scrubs, strips, and polishes floors with electric floor machine.
17. Shampoos furniture, carpets, and rugs.
18. Spray-buffs floors with floor machine.
19. Strips and refinishes floors.
20. Takes soiled mops to central linen room in plastic bags.
21. Washes walls, windows, and furniture.
22. Washes I.V. stands and wheelchairs.
23. Wet-mops floors with germicidal solution.
24. Wears protective clothing in Surgery, Isolation or other areas as necessary.
25. Observes all safety standards and uses safety work techniques at all times.
26. Attends all training sessions and meetings as scheduled.
27. Instructs and trains employees in the use of new equipment and cleaning methods.
28. Performs individually or as a member of groups assigned tasks during emergencies, such as fires, snow removal or disasters.
29. Consistently is on time and ready to work at start shift; does not take advantage of sick time or personal days. Takes corrective action to prevent recurring absences.
30. Performs additional duties as may be necessary to fulfill the hospital's obligations.
31. Always appears well groomed and observes the hospital dress code.
32. Responds to requests from patients, physicians and visitors in a courteous and efficient manner, always demonstrates positive interpersonal skills.
33. Promotes positive customer service with internal and external customers.
34. Uses bed tracking system as instructed.
35. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
Graduation from high school or equivalent.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
One-year experience in a general housekeeping environment.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of methods, materials and techniques related to the requirements for effective cleaning, sanitation, and maintaining the aesthetic condition of the assigned facility.
Knowledge of work-related occupational hazards and proper safety precautions.
Ability to work rapidly and efficiently under emergency situations.
Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Ability to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately with minimal direct supervision, within probationary period.
Ability to communicate with hospital staff in English preferred.
Ability to speak Spanish a Plus.