Vicksburg , MS 39183
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
What would I be doing?
Maintains cleanliness in all public areas of the Casino, guest and team member restrooms and team member restaurant as well as responds to guest requests while working on the Casino floor. Works closely with the EVS Manager, and/or EVS Supervisor on duty. Follows the basic quality and cleanliness standards for Ameristar Casino Hotel.
- Maintains a positive attitude at all times, supporting the policies of Senior Management of the Casino as well as Senior Management of Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg. (Continually)
- Adhere to established department and property policies and procedures regarding guest service standards. (10%)
- Clean restrooms, mirrors, sinks, counter tops, walls, cigarette urns, toilets/urinals and replace toilet tissue, soap, lotion and refills paper towel dispensers. (20%)
- Empty trash bins and picks up loose papers from floors, sinks and counter tops as well as sweeps and mops floors. (10%)
- Clean and polish all furniture, marble, brass, stainless stell, brass floor plates, and entrance door brass and kick door brass plates. (10%)
- Cleans/dust all slot machines, which will include the facing, bases, and chairs of the slot machine. (5%)
- Cleans and sweep around all pit tables as needed. (5%)
- Clean all escalators and elevators, brass, lighting, walls, carpeting, and dust all Casino lighting and lampshades. (5%)
- Know where all facilities in the Casino are. (5%)
- Clean windows and window ledges where need as directed by EVS Supervisor. (5%)
- Clean Team Member Restaurant carpets as needed to remove trash and paper. (5%)
- Clean and sanitize all public telephones within the Casino areas. (5%)
- This is a uniformed position, which requires that team member's are in compliance with uniformed appearance standards while on duty. (10%)
- Must be able to assume the supervisors' position when absent and/or on call. (5%)
- All other duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
Must be physically strong, honest, self-motivated, dependable, and able to work alone, willing to learn, eagerly follows directions, and always clean and neat in appearance.
Must be able to speak local language and communicate easily.
High School diploma or GED equivalent.
Must be able to stand for a minimum eight (8) hour shift.
Locations on casino floor are noisy and smoky.
Will also encounter intoxicated guests frequently.
Provide representation of department in specific project and company meetings.
What would it be like to work at this property?
The perennial leader in the market, Ameristar's 70,000-square-foot riverboat casino is the largest dockside casino in central Mississippi and surely the most exciting. With its dramatically beautiful views of the Mississippi River, Ameristar Vicksburg has newly renovated hotel rooms and some of the best dining and entertainment all around in the Delta.
4116 Washington Street
Vicksburg, MS 39180