Event Programming Manager - Soho Warehouse (Dtla)
Soho House & Co.
Los Angeles , CA 90001
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Event Programming Manager will be responsible for curating and producing the approximately 40-50 member events that take place monthly, all to the highest creative standards.
What is Soho House...
Soho House is a members club for the creative community. Soho House was founded in 1995 in London, and has established itself as a hub for thought leaders and up-and-comers in the fields of art, culture, media and technology with 23 locations across the globe.
Soho House Events...
With a guiding principle of curating creative events for a creative community, Soho House events are designed to inspire members, cross-pollinate the community and tell authentic stories about a city. Programming should add value to membership and be unique and memorable. Event types include music performances, chef dinners and panel conversations. Audience size typically ranges from 10 to 100, and up to 1,000 guests for larger parties.
you selected it.
Duties and Responsibilities...
Creativity and having the network to execute events
- The role requires telling hyper local stories about the DTLA neighborhood and its creatives, and thinking big and being ambitious when conceiving the 40-50 member events (eg. booking talent for a unique event, an artist residency or building a bowling alley).
- They will also be responsible for suggesting new formats (including digital), and collaborating with the team on themes and installations for big events, like Halloween.
Communication and collaboration
- The candidate should be a passionate individual who will inspire members, talent and all Soho House teams when meeting to create and implement events. Sharing contacts and ideas, and problem solving with other North American Event Programming Managers and Operations are also key behaviors.
- The job involves staying abreast of bands, name talent and trends so that the DTLA calendar is capturing the current cultural zeitgeist. This person also needs to ensure that all events programmed around our global monthly themes are innovative.
- The Event Programming Manager needs to create systems to track the booking and forward planning of events so that deadlines and budgets are always met, and they must work closely with the General Managers to ensure events deliver on business goals.
- Long hours, regular evening event cover, getting hands dirty and moving furniture, are all part of the job. As is the ability to be nimble, as we often program last-minute pop-up events.
Writing and editing skills
- This person writes copy for everything they have curated and must be able to tell an events story in a compelling way.
Additional:2+ years of cultural event programming or cultural event production experience. Hospitality or music industry experience a plus.
When submitting your rsum, please include ten event ideas for the Soho Warehousecalendar with two bullet points: a) a one sentence description, and b) the reason why
- Health Care + 401K: Full time employee's are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employee's have sick day's + vacation days
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career internationally.
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.