Event Programming Manager - Lbhm
Soho House & Co.
Malibu , CA 90263
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Event Programming Manager will be responsible for curating, coordinating logistics for, and producing the approximately 25 member events that take place monthly, all to the highest creative standards.
What is Soho House...
Soho House is a members club for the creative community. Soho House was founded in 1995 in London, and has established itself as a hub for thought leaders and up-and-comers in the fields of art, culture, media and technology with 23 locations across the globe.
Soho House Events...
With a guiding principle of curating creative events for a creative community, Soho House events are designed to inspire members, cross-pollinate the community and tell authentic stories about a city. Programming should add value to membership and be unique and memorable. Event types include music performances, chef dinners and panel conversations. Audience size typically ranges from 10 to 100, and up to 600 guests for larger parties.
Duties & Responsibilities...
The right candidate will be passionate about bringing creative stories to life, highly organized, and flexible.Creativity and having the network to execute events
- The role requires thinking big and being ambitious when conceiving events (eg. booking talent for a unique event, an artist residency or building an unexpected installation). The job involves staying abreast of bands, name talent and trends so that the calendar is capturing the current cultural zeitgeist. This person also needs to ensure that all events programmed around our global monthly themes are innovative.
- One-third of this job is administrative, including overseeing event sheets, menus, staffing requests, purchasing, contracts, guest lists, waivers, hotel room booking, uploading events, event reports and sending thank you notes.
- The other key part of this role is being the producer and host of events and representing Soho Houses ethos and creative values. From a walk-through with a guest chef to a conversation with talent, this person should ensure that members and event partners alike have an exceptional experience from start to finish.
- This role involves being the point person between event partners, Operations, Membership, Partnerships, photographers and the Communications team. Calmness under pressure and excellent communication skills are paramount.
- Long hours, regular evening and weekend event cover, getting hands dirty and moving furniture are all part of the job. As is the ability to be nimble, as last-minute pop-up events are often programmed to support Business Goals.
- Additional:1+ years of cultural event programming or cultural event production experience. Hospitality or music industry experience a plus.
For consideration and Next Steps:
When submitting your rsum, please include ten event ideas for Little Beach House Malibu calendar with three bullet points:
- a) a one sentence description
- b) the reason why you selected it
- c) one of the most important things to keep in mind about this event, from a production standpoint.
- Health Care + 401K: Full time employee's are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employee's have sick day's + vacation days
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career internationally.
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.