This Job is not relevant Tell us why
To effectively direct and manage all aspects of the store in the absence of the store manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- To assure that all store personnel are courteous to all customers and that all customer complaints/requests are handled properly and professionally.
- Responsible for efficient and effective delegation of duties to achieve maximum performance and proper follow-up procedures.
- To maintain a housekeeping program which ensures and orderly and clean store that is pleasing to the customers eye.
- Maintain the building and equipment to meet maximum safety operations.
- Responsible for optimal freshness of all products and proper merchandising to achieve maximum sales and profits.
- To implement and maintain effective fire and safety programs set forth by Risk Management.
- Implement and maintain effective security standards inside and outside of the store, which are set forth by the Loss Prevention Department.
- To greet all customers and thank them for their patronage.
- To conduct store refrigeration checks throughout the evening.
- To oversee all aspects of the store during the evening hours in the absence of the store manager.
- To abide by all company policies as stated in the Employee Handbook.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- To help in the cash office as needed, such as covering breaks/lunches as well as verification of bank deposits.
- To assist in any department in the store on an as needed basis.
- To communicate any problems that occur in the evening to the store manager or the department managers.
- To assist in all aspects of the grocery department including but not limited to building displays, merchandising, signage, collecting carts, and general stocking.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum requirement of a high school education. A college education is helpful but not required.
- At least 1 year of management experience in a retail environment is required.
- Must possess the ability to make critical decisions and to provide effective leadership.
- Must possess excellent communication skills in order to deal with customers and other employees.
- Must be able to lift up to fifty pounds (50 lbs.) approximately thirty per