ESE Paraprofessional (Self Contained)
Suwannee County Schools
Live Oak , FL 32064
Posted 5 months ago
Salary: $18,000.00-$25,421.00 (or per the 2019-2020 Salary Schedule)
Replaces: Cody Gamble (Resigned)
(1) Shall be duly qualified as a high school graduate and have attained a score of 464 or higher on the Praxis Paraprofessional Exam, or hold an AA;
AS; AAS degree or a minimum of 60 college credit hours.
(2) Possess Child Development Associate (CDA) Certificate if required.
(3) Or other appropriate certificates/licenses required by the District.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Skill in the human interaction and conflict resolution. Ability to work with students, parents, school personnel and employees. Possess basic English and mathematics skills. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions. Ability to perform clerical tasks. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to plan, organize and prioritize activities related to assignment. Ability to use basic computer hardware and software. Ability to carry out job responsibilities and handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
To assist the teacher by performing assigned tasks in order to provide a quality educational program for students.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force regularly to move objects.
Application Procedure: Online Applications Only
Apply online @ www.suwannee.k12.fl.us
- ( 1) Assist in preparing materials and equipment for direct instructional activity, including locating, copying, collating, distributing and/or grouping materials to support instructional activities pre-planned by the teacher.
- ( 2) Schedule space for specialized instructional programs and coordinate the arrangement of equipment, desks, tables, chairs and activity areas.
- ( 3) Examine long- and short-range unit plans prepared by the teacher and anticipate the need for specific supplies and materials.
- ( 4) Follow appropriate training, lead small group activity planned by the teacher in an atmosphere where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
- ( 5) Assist the teacher in preparing for changing curriculum to meet the needs of students with diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds, learning styles and special needs.
- ( 6) Maintain a clean and orderly environment for students.
- ( 7) Following appropriate training, provide student supervision as assigned.
- ( 8) Assist in maintaining the security of records, materials and equipment.
- ( 9) Assist the teacher in the enforcement of classroom rules and the maintenance of appropriate records.
- ( 10) Assist in assessing student progress as directed, including proctoring the administration of tests, the marking of papers and the maintenance of confidential records.
- ( 11) Assist in evaluating program effectiveness.
- ( 12) Assist as assigned in the collection of assessment data from a variety of sources and in compiling and organizing data for review by the teachers.
- ( 13) Assist the teacher in completing requirements for grade reporting, scheduling conferences and recording results.
- ( 14) Provide instructional assistance as planned or coordinated by the teacher or administrator.
- ( 15) Assist students with personal hygiene, health and safety issues or grooming as required.
- ( 16) Use classroom management techniques conducive to an effective classroom environment.
- ( 17) Perform assigned clerical and bookkeeping duties.
- ( 18) Prepare and maintain requested/required reports and records.
- ( 19) Work closely with teachers or other professionals to create a quality instructional environment.
- ( 20) Assist in maintaining positive relationships between the school and parents.
- ( 21) Demonstrate support for the School District and its goals and priorities.
- ( 22) Communicate effectively with teachers, parents, staff and community as required.
- ( 23) Respond to inquiries and concerns in a timely manner.
- ( 24) Participate successfully in the training programs offered to increase skill and proficiency related to assignment.
- ( 25) Assist peers in acquiring knowledge and understanding related to area of responsibility.
- ( 26) Keep abreast of trends and changes in educational programs related to assignment.
- ( 27) Maintain confidentiality regarding school matters.
- ( 28) Exhibit interpersonal skills to work as an effective team member.
- ( 29) Recognize and remain sensitive to the individual needs and differences of students and adjust service delivery accordingly.
- ( 30) Perform job responsibilities in a timely and consistent manner.
- ( 31) Model and maintain high ethical standards.
- ( 32) Follow attendance, punctuality and proper dress rules.
- ( 33) Perform other tasks consistent with the goals and objectives of this position.
- ( 34) Shall assume additional responsibilities as assigned by the Superintendent.
Applicant must hold appropriate certification or show evidence of appropriate certification eligibility for this position.
Application Deadline: 4:00 p.m. on the date listed above.
The district reserves the right at any time to extend the deadline without consideration of any pending application.
Applicant will be held responsible for obtaining proper certification as required by Florida law and NCLB guidelines.
Recommendation is contingent upon copies being on file.
Interested individuals may obtain information and assistance from:
Department of Human Resources
Suwannee County School Board
1729 Walker Avenue, SW, Suite 200
Live Oak, FL 32064
(386) 647-4634 * (386) 364-2610 (FAX)
The Suwannee County School Board does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups and complies with Federal and State Laws regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you anticipate that you may need special assistance or accommodation in any aspect of School life, please contact the Personnel Dept. at 386-647-4634. Suwannee County School Board is a drug-free educational institution/drug-free workplace. Preference in appointment will be given to eligible veterans and spouses.