Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Ergonomics Engineer General
Troy , MI 48007
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Altair ProductDesign is a global, multi-disciplinary product development consultancy of more than 700 designers, engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Altair Engineering, Inc. (www.altair.com), this cross-functional organization is best known for its leadership in combining human and machine creativity to fuel innovation, automate processes, and develop new methods. Altair ProductDesign firmly advocates a user-centered, team-based design approach, and utilizes proprietary simulation and optimization technologies to help clients bring innovative, profitable products to market faster.
- Single point of contact for specified program team(s) for the Ergonomic Attribute. For assigned program, assure full compliance to ergonomic requirements (Trustmark, SDS, etc.) working with Design Studio, D&R activates, and Vehicle Engineering activities. Provide input on HMI / HCI with respect to customer usability of the User Interface Participate in user research and conduct clinics to assess usability of various HMI proposals. Synthesize findings into actionable insights. Modeling information structures, screen layouts, screen flows and other UI attributes Provide input to, and signoff on graphics for controls and displays. Assist in developing program targets, assumptions and new vehicle features by identifying ergonomics' needs and wants through the use of detailed benchmarking and the application of ergonomic standards and principles. Drive solutions to raised ergonomic concerns by LEADING cross-functional teams while ensuring designs are compatible with Customer wants, attribute targets, Corporate requirements, Service, Assembly, etc. Utilize SetK, eFDVS, and e-Deviation in the application and assessment of ergonomic standards for vehicle components and drive the compliance or deviation process as needed. Contribute to the development of Package-Ergonomics processes, guidelines, standards and cross-vehicle recommendations Participate in appropriate meetings to support the program(s), including AST, Part II, Part I, Interior/Exterior Feasibility, Feasibility Checkpoint (FC), and Program Package Routinely present ergonomic issues to Program Management/Chiefs.
- MS Office-Word, Excel, PowerPoint Minitab or equivalent Adobe illustrator or Photoshop
- Client Program experience and knowledge of GPDS eFDVS, Feasibility Checkpoint (FC) Process and other program driven process. CAD application experience (Catia preferred)
- 0-5 years minimum, 3-5 years of ergonomic automotive experience preferred.
- BS degree specializing in Human Factors/Ergonomics is required (would also consider Industrial or Automotive Engineering with focus on ergonomics)
Additional Information :
- Passion for engineering and product excellence, good communication, meeting and presentation skills. Comfort with dynamic work environment. Self-Starter with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks. Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills