Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Equities Development Lead
Shulman Fleming & Partners
New York , NY 10001
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Equities Development Lead
This is a very technical hands-on role and requires prior hands-on experience in creating distributed, highly available solutions as well as managerial experience.
You will be involved in driving multiple projects simultaneously and work with small sub-teams as each delivery progresses the strategic target operating model. The role involves detailed management reporting, resourcing planning and prioritization across multiple development groups. You must be able to work in a dynamic and fast-paced front-office trading environment.
This position includes writing code (full-stack), gathering business requirements, performing code reviews and managing developers. Being heavily involved (hands-on) in building distributed components to capture and process real-time trading data across all of the Equity Trading desks and allow it to be consumed by internal processes.
- Lead and manage the development team
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the Leads/Stakeholders in the Business, IT and Ops to ensure alignment with client needs
- Develop numerous micro-services to allow for distributed and fault tolerant data sharing between applications.
- Ensure solution delivery model adheres to the Equities Strategic Architecture and specifically to the future state Client/Instrument data architecture
- Manage teams to continually deliver change to the strategic Equities trading platform
- Actively participate in low-level technical decisions, e.g. System architecture, best practices, etc.
- Responsible for Service Delivery including SLA adherence and issue/incident management
- Hands-on experience in Java/C#
- Technologies used are Apache Camel, Hazelcast, Avro, Web API V2, ZooKeeper, Entity Framework and ActiveMQ.
- Hands-on experience working with relational databases, preferably SQL Server; Strong SQL skills
- Experience working in fast-paced agile environments, proven stakeholder management abilities
- Possess excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Proven experience with SDLC tools & management systems
- Strong knowledge of middleware technologies; knowledge of JMS or any messaging service
- Excellent consumer relationship management skill with a service-oriented mindset
- Ability to work across multiple global business groups and domains
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong Unit Testing a must
Education / Certification:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related discipline