Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Equipment Operator - Utility Scale Solar
Leading Edge Corporation
Greenville , NC 27833
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Positions will require some travel around the state of NC. Projects will last 4-12 months
This role is for operations on utility scale solar projects in the NC area. The role of the Equipment Operator is responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of equipment to support a wide variety of tasks on the solar project. Job duties will vary considerably from day to day as this is a very diverse position. This is a contract position tasked with the responsibilities of operating and transporting all equipment in a safe manner in accordance HSE regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS OF THE OPERATOR
- Operate machinery such as skid steer, telehandler, lull and/or other power equipment as needed
- Work safely in all environments
- Ability to work on location OT and 10-12 hour shifts normal schedule
- Complete daily field reports
- Other duties as assigned by management
WORKING CONDITIONS OF THE OPERATOR
This position will be faced with varying working conditions. Inclement and/or extreme weather may be a factor as well as other unforeseen conditions. The potential for long hours and varying shifts may also exist.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE OPERATOR
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or Equivalent
- Minimum 1 year verifiable experience operating an skid steer
- Ability to troubleshoot problems
- Valid Drivers License with clean driving record and possess own reliable transportation to and from work
- Must be able to come to work promptly, regularly, and on-time
- Able to follow instruction and carry out duties while unsupervised
- Work proficiently and safely with tools and equipment
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated
- Maintain a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
SUCCESS FACTORS OF THE OPERATOR
Success for this position will be measured by the ability to fulfill the above responsibilities at a minimum, arrive for work with short notice, and perform job tasks, all without repetitive follow-ups or setbacks.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE OPERATOR
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to stand, talk and hear.
- Required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, taste and smell.
- Frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus