Burkett Restaurant Equipment
Perrysburg , OH 43551
Posted 7 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Burkett Restaurant Equipment and Supplies is a leader in the Foodservice Equipment and Supplies industry. We are in Perrysburg, Ohio and are seeking to hire an Equipment Cleaner to join our Service Team.
At Burkett, we do things a little differently. Here, we see customers as partners in business. And we see employees as members of our extended family. Here, your voice will matter, your skills will have an impact and your views will help shape our vision. Burkett prides itself on being an autonomous organization. We empower our employees. We are more concerned with what gets done than how it gets done. Our official color is Burkett Signature Red because it reflects the passion we have for what we do. Take a look at what's available to unlock an opportunity to challenge yourself and join a fast-growing company where you will make a difference.
Job Title: Equipment Cleaner
Primary Objective: To assist a growing Service Department in the prep and clean of commercial kitchen equipment for reconditioning process. This job is a great opportunity to learn a many new skills and to align yourself with a growing and fast paced industry. As the Equipment Cleaner, you will clean and prepare all used equipment and accessories for the reconditioning process and assist other departments when necessary.
Primary Functions: This position is responsible for performing all necessary equipment movement, cleaning, using cleaning agents as necessary, disassemble and reassemble when applicable.
Reports to: Service Manager
Scheduled Hours: Monday-Friday / 8:00am-4:30pm
FLSA Status: Hourly
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Degrease, clean and extract debris from used foodservice equipment
- Power wash used equipment when needed during the reconditioning process
- Manually wash used equipment when electronic components are present
- Organize equipment coming into the cleaning room and prioritize per service aisle requirements
- Disassemble equipment to ensure thorough cleaning of all components
- Reassemble equipment to be delivered into service, i.e. legs, casters, doors, etc.
- Clean and wipe down the inside and outside of all equipment
- Clean and maintain the cleaning room at the end of each day
- Movement of equipment per department and technician needs utilizing fork lift
- Perform paint prep requirements (filling, sanding) when necessary or requested by Service supervisor
- Inform Service supervisor when supplies are running low for re-order
- Complete any ongoing training to maintain OSHA compliance
- Participate in regular service employee meetings to communicate assignments and capture risks
- Comply with all company policies, programs, rules, regulations and safety rules
- Communicates resource constraints to Supervisor when labor or equipment capacity does not align to the schedule
- Other duties as assigned related to continuous improvement of service department processes
- Assist in the pulling completed used equipment per pick tickets when sold for quality re-test when necessary
- Self-motivated and well organized
- Basic troubleshooting abilities are a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently to achieve daily schedule
- Ability to learn, adapt, change, and remain flexible
- Knowledge of basic material handling equipment and tools
- Ability to function as part of the team and assist other technicians when necessary
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma
- Valid Drivers license is required
- 10-Hour OSHA Training and HAZCOM Training. Training provided if not already acquired.
- Forklift Certified. Training provided if not already acquired.
The Company offers competitive wages, a complete benefits package which includes options for Health, Dental, Vision, Short & Long Term Disability, Life, Paid Time Off & Holidays, and a 401(k) retirement program. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer & a Drug Free Workplace.