Environmental Project Scientist - Level II
North Andover , MA 1845
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Ransom Consulting is seeking an experienced Senior Environmental Project Scientist to join our team of environmental scientists and engineers. The Project Scientist will bring their strong knowledge of environmental and geological principles to assess and oversee complex environmental contamination scenarios.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develops and presents findings and recommendations using approved templates and formats (e.g. tables, project logs, site data) and in accordance with the QA/QC process. Prepares all letters and reports for the project ensuring accuracy, formatting consistency, etc. and presents to the Sr. Project Manager for final review/approval before presentation to client.
- Provides peer review of reports/letters, etc. within technical capability and expertise.
- Provides training to staff on appropriate field work procedures and equipment operation, as well as documentation and analysis of findings.
- Oversees site drilling and sampling including site preparation, determination of well and boring placement, and coordination and providing direction to subcontractors on site (drillers, excavators, etc.) to ensure that work is completed timely and according to Scope of Work (SOW) and applicable regulations. Uses experience and judgment to make decisions on increasingly complex technical issues related to the project.
- Conducts site reconnaissance to identify contaminants and other environmental risks as well as collecting and compiling documents to support of due diligence reports.
- Follows designated procedures for sampling and data collection to ensure thorough analysis and presentation of site risk.
- Follows all health and safety protocols.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in environmentally oriented field (geology, environmental science, hydrology, engineering, etc.). Masters degree preferred.
- 3-6 years of experience in a scientist/engineering role.
- Understanding of environmental and geologic principles relative to environmental contamination and remediation.
- Extensive knowledge of federal, state and local environmental regulations. Ability to research and develop understanding and application of new regulations or regulations in a new technical area.
- Skilled with field sampling equipment operation and application; field screening procedures, sample collection procedures and subsurface investigation methods.
- Ability to train staff on equipment, procedures, and SOPs.
- Ability to confidently lead staff and contractors on multiple, complex site events to successful completion.
- Ability to collect and interpret data, draw preliminary conclusions, and make recommendations based on understanding of project and client requirements.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to present complex technical information in audience appropriate language and format.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with co-workers, clients, sub-contractors, vendors to meet project objectives.
Physical Requirements and Work Conditions
- The position includes office work and field work (app. 60/40). For field work, employees must be able to stand, walk, and use arms and hands to operate equipment. Employee must be able to work in a variety of temperatures and weather conditions (cold, heat, rain, snow) and lift standard field equipment and supplies of up to 50 pounds alone or collaboratively.
- The employee is required to drive to job sites and must have the ability to travel on short notice as well as the ability to travel to locations that may be 2-3 hours from the home office on a regular basis. There may be occasional overnight travel.
- A valid drivers license and reliable transportation is required. (A drivers license check will be conducted upon hire and annually thereafter).
- Noise protection and other PPE, including protective clothing or respirator, may be required on job sites.
- Employee must maintain OSHA HAZWOPER certification and participate in the Medical Monitoring program.