Environmental Health And Safety Manager (Pharmaceutical/Aseptic/Solid Dose)
Dive Staffing Services
Philadelphia , PA 19146
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The EHS Manager will manage and promote employee health and safety performance by developing health and safety systems, policies and procedures, metrics, campaigns and programs to prevent occupational injuries and illnesses, and enhance the overall site safety culture resulting in management engagement, employee involvement and the reduction in unsafe conditions and behaviors.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Positively influence and collaborate with colleagues in order to embed a self-sustaining EHS culture; sponsor and actively support the evolution of the sites behavioral risk program.
- Coordinate corporate team and wider site efforts to ensure compliance across the full range of EHS aspects including: environmental licenses; relevant health and safety regulations; facility security requirements; process safety; chemical and biological safety (including Industrial Hygiene monitoring); occupational health.
- Ensure the EHS team has the correct skills set and competencies to manage the risk profile of the site; implement continued professional development plans; facilitate career progression opportunities.
- Implement effective but lean EHS risk management methodologies for operations and projects at all scales, including but not restricted to new product/ equipment introductions for R&D and commercial.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts; ensure financial discipline; drive efficiencies and identify/ implement opportunities for cost reduction.
- Manage, monitor, lead, and participate in investigations and root cause analysis of workplace accidents and incidents, evaluating trends, and focusing on key improvements required to eliminate the same.
- Oversee the sites emergency and crisis management plans; ensure related plans are optimized and effective; take a key role in development of sites business continuity plans
- Ensure appropriate applications, permits, data reports, records, and documentation are collected, prepared, submitted and maintained as required by governing agencies.
- Provide leadership for the oversight and delivery of Process Safety Management (PSM) strategy, performance and compliance
- Develop, deploy and deliver PSM behavior, safety culture and critical safety leadership strategies and programs.
- Actively advance environmental sustainability efforts including developing strategy, activities, projects and KPIs aimed at achieving the companys stated environmental sustainability goals.
- Identifies key PSM issues impacting sites (technical, regulatory, risk, land use) and emerging regulatory and other risks potentially affecting company sites
- Conducts regular written and oral communication with regulators, agencies, consultants, senior management and legal counsel
- Develop and support internal communication strategies for key stakeholders that build and maintain awareness of PSM values, strategies, and performance.
- Effectively manage assigned PSM program elements including: Incident Investigation, Process Hazard Assessment, Employee Participation, Program Auditing, and Management of Change.
- Knowledge of Environmental Regulations: Air, Hazardous & Non-hazardous Waste, Stormwater, Wastewater Treatment Plant Operations for Discharge to POTW preferred
- Security Regulations: DHS
- Transport Regulations: DOT
- Safety Regulations: OSHA, PADEP, Industry Best Practice
- Outstanding communication abilities
- Handles confidential and non-routine information with poise, tact, and diplomacy
- Strong typing and proofreading skills; and the ability to produce typed documents quickly and accurately
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word, Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Takes initiative and exhibits resourcefulness in problem solving; experienced in working in a collaborative team environment
- Maintains confidentiality at all times and exercises solid, dependable judgment and discretion
- Displays effective communication skills, both oral and written (timely, clear, succinct); constructively delivers and receives feedback
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Continuous working knowledge of applicable cGMP guidelines
- Demonstrates a high level of confidence, integrity and motivation.