Environmental Health And Safety Manager
Gilbert , AZ 85297
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are in search of an Environmental Health & Safety Manager to work in our Gilbert, AZ location. As the leader of our Global Environmental, Health and Safety Team, we need someone who is well versed in all aspects of EH&S. The right candidate must be as comfortable leading accident investigations on the factory floor as developing FOOTPRINTs Environmental roadmap and preparing the annual Environmental report as part of our ESG.
- Create a safety culture, in driving awareness and accountability for EHS performance at all levels, and for ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local EHS regulations.
- Work in close collaboration with manufacturing, engineering, maintenance, and facilities to develop and implement sustainable EHS programs on site.
- Review, evaluate, and analyze the work environment and design programs and procedures to control, eliminate, and prevent injuries
- Work closely with other EHS leaders at FOOTPRINT and Process Engineers/scientists in implementing environmental programs, which include training, documentation, sampling, inspections, and reports. Owns and drives the Environmental roadmap. (Air, Water, CO2 & Waste)
- Compile environmental data to support analyzing trends and recommend creative, proactive reduction solutions
- Creates all necessary material labeling to ensure employee safety and awareness
- Inspects all facilities regularly to identify safety, health and environmental risks and assigns findings to responsible leadership
- Conduct incident investigations as needed. When called upon, the EH&S manager will work with HR and/or Workers Compensation carriers on incident evaluations and suggest go forward methodologies
- Conducts new hire safety training
- Creates the annual OSHA reporting requirements and posts and monitors monthly
- Assist EHS leaders with improving and maintaining the pollution prevention programs
- Gather data needed, prepare, and review necessary environmental reports with EHS leaders for submittal to regulatory agencies within required timeframe. Reports include air emissions inventory, hazardous waste generation etc.
- Ensures that safety data sheets (SDSs) are maintained and readily accessible when needed
- Develops environmental, health and safety procedures/programs for all areas of the company and modifies as necessary and conducts program reviews at least annually
- Conducts monthly virtual EH&S meeting with selected employees
- Conducts job hazard analysis and identifies proper PPE equipment for each task
- Participate in industrial hygiene and safety projects with regards to OSHA and NFPA regulations
- Review process equipment for environmental/safety concerns
- Conduct regular chemical inventory, facilitate local SDS and chemical compliance
- Must exhibit proficient communication and computer skills with Microsoft Suite
- BS in Environmental Engineering or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of work experience in an Environmental position in a manufacturing environment
- Proven ability to positively impact the work environment and lead by example
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Suite (i.e., PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.)
Certifications: (preferred, but not required-must have the ability to obtain)
- Hazardous Materials Transportation DOT
- NH Hazardous Waste Coordinator Certificate OR RCRA Regulation
- SASB and or GRI standard knowledge
Travel: Ability to travel to other locations, for roughly 20% of the year for a week or longer at a time, or as required.
- Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Training & Development