Environmental Health And Safety Consultant - Norwood, MA Company
Norwood , MA 02062
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Colden Corporation is an occupational health and safety and environmental management consulting firm owned and managed by practicing Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIHs) and Certified Safety Professionals (CSPs). In our 25th year of operation, we are a dynamic and growing Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) business, seeking experienced individuals to join our team serving premier clients. We offer an attractive compensation package, medical benefits, 401K retirement plan, paid vacation, profit sharing, and opportunities for professional development.
Join Coldens EHS consulting team that includes sixteen (16) Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIHs) with four (4) recognized as Fellows of the American Industrial Hygiene Association, ten (10) Certified Safety Professionals (CSPs), and more than ten (>10) scientists or engineers with masters or doctoral degrees.
Colden is currently hiring an Environmental Health and Safety Consultant with at least 3 years of experience for an initial assignment in Norwood, MA. This is a full-time permanent position working for Colden with a team of CIHs, CSPs, senior scientists, and other technical and regulatory specialists. The initial assignment for this candidate will be to provide onsite health and safety support to a pharmaceutical manufacturer in Norwood, MA on a full-time basis for approximately one year. Responsibilities may include:
- Conduct or coordinate industrial hygiene surveys to assess chemical, physical, and biological agents and controls (e.g., air sampling, noise monitoring, ventilation system performance checks, etc.).
- Develop or update written safety and health programs and/or training materials.
- Conduct safety and health assessments, inspections, and audits in industrial and non-industrial settings, such as manufacturing sites, universities, hospitals, laboratories, museums, media and entertainment productions, warehouses, and offices.
- Research and accurately reference standards (e.g., OSHA, ANSI, NFPA, ISO). Conduct or coordinate research for projects related to industrial hygiene, occupational safety, environmental health sciences or litigation support.
- Assist in accident/incident investigations and help coordinate corrective/preventative action measures to closure.
- Provide support maintaining the EHS accident, incident and proactive observation reporting database
- Perform EHS inspections as necessary, including emergency medical equipment, chemical and biological spill response supplies.
- Support and maintain the online SDS system.
- Provide support to construction projects, contractor safety programs and Safe Work Permitting (SWP).
- Prepare written reports using MS Office applications.
- Bachelors degree in occupational safety and health, environmental health, industrial hygiene, safety engineering, or a related field (or a science or engineering degree and relevant work experience)
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, professionalism, and ethics
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with fluency in the English Language
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated with ability to multi-task and manage workload independently with support from others
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office platforms
- COVID-19 vaccination
- Willing to travel as needed; this position may require travel depending on current projects and on-site work at client locations
- Familiarity with common hazard and exposure assessment methods, including industrial hygiene sampling and monitoring
- Working knowledge of occupational safety and health regulations, standards, and guidelines
- Professional certification (CIH and/or CSP) or the ability and desire to achieve certification within two to three years
- Health and safety experience in a high-tech work environment such as medical devices, pharmaceutical, food production, semiconductor or laboratory strongly preferred
- Familiarity with GMP requirements
- Project management experience
- EHS consulting experience
- OSHA 30-hour Construction certificate
For more information about Colden, please visit www.colden.com. To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate Boston IH & Safety Consultant in the subject line.