Environmental Compliance Specialist
Limitless Talent Solutions
Hemlock , MI 48626
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
This role is part of a several member EHS team thats making a difference and transforming into a high performance EHS culture at the site. This environmental compliance role will lead and maintain environmental programs, policies, and processes to achieve regulatory compliance. Other subject matter experts provide general support for Site EHS programs and policies. This position reports to the EHS Regional Hub Leader.
This growing FDA and OSHA PSM regulated facility produces industry-leading pharmaceutical tubing, medical devices, fluid and adhesive products that are used within the Healthcare Industry. Electronics & Industrial business is a leading innovator with unmatched materials integrations expertise, built upon our recognized strong customer relationships and our global market presence.
- Serve as the technical lead on matters relating to the sites air, water and waste infrastructure relative to regulatory compliance programs and emissions.
- Interpret local, state and federal environmental regulations then develop and implement environmental compliance programs, inspections, and guidance documents to ensure site compliance.
- Drive emissions reduction and sustainability initiatives.
- Verify accuracy of emission calculations and estimates for routine emissions as well as maintenance, startup and shutdown emissions.
- Maintain and submit accurate compliance reports and records.
- Develop and provide technical guidance and best practices to various departments regarding their responsibilities to the environmental program.
- Monitor and report environmental compliance metrics on program effectiveness to site leadership team and associated teams
- Collaborate with Engineering and Operations during the design and installation phase of facilities to ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
- Troubleshooting environmental operational issues
- Build effective relationships with regulatory bodies, laboratories, and service providers for regulatory compliance program.
- Host regulatory site visits and inspections.
- Drive incident investigations to identify root cause and corrective/preventive actions related to environmental incidents.
- Conduct internal 1st Party Audits and Field Environmental Assessments to ensure compliance with DuPont Standards and Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Develop and deliver professional meeting presentations to stakeholders including regulators and other officials.
- Ensure compliance with company and site environmental policies.
- Supports the management of change (MOC) process as a change owner, subject matter specialist (safety) and change action owner for environmental matters.
- Develop and conduct facility training sessions as it relates to air, water and waste regulations to ensure compliance and enhanced awareness.
- Be a visual presence on the production floor and provide counsel, advice and support to other functions on all safety, health and environmental and security related matters.
- Bachelors Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Chemistry, or a related Technical degree from an accredited program.
- 3 years in a manufacturing regulatory compliance role.
- EHS functional/technical expertise with strong knowledge of safe work practices, auditing, record keeping, root cause investigation, and preparing/delivering training.
- Organizational priority-setting skills, bias for action, effective written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to connect with operators and mechanics and persuade line organizations in safe behaviors and practices
- Ability to work independently, contribute within a team, and actively engage and partner with manufacturing and technical associates
- Working knowledge of EHS management practices, processes, and expectations is preferred.
- Working knowledge of EPA and other State or Federal programs
- Generating and submitting Environmental Reports
- Project management.
- Ability to influence
- Technical writing abilities
- Clear, effective communication of complex information to all levels of employees, management, and regulators
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with contractors, co-workers, and other professionals
- Practical problem solving