POSITION TITLE: EHS DIRECTOR
POSITION LEVEL DIRECTOR
EMPLOYEE TYPE: FULL TIME EXEMPT
DEPARTMENT NO.: 471
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position has direct accountability for leading all aspects of Air Industries' Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) programs and compliance activities. The EH&S Director is responsible for developing, implementing, executing, monitoring, and auditing all EH&S initiatives to ensure EH&S compliance and continuously improve EH&S performance.
This position works directly with corporate and division personnel, managers, supervisors, leads and employees across all production and office departments. The position reports to the General Manager.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
1.Contribute to the development of the organization's strategic plans and objectives.
2.Drive division EH&S strategy by creating an EH&S plan to meet organization's objectives.
3.Act as a strategic business partner, change agent, and member of the line management staff.
4.Oversee company, division-wide EH&S programs and initiatives
5.Develop, implement, and maintain all written EH&S programs and policies in accordance with OSHA, Cal-OSHA, USEPA and/or corporate standards and in compliance with applicable laws.
6.Bring in EH&S functional specialists in environmental, industrial hygiene, engineering controls, and staffing as appropriate and positions positively with the client group.
7.Monitor effectiveness of all EH&S policies, practices, and processes to determine efficiency and effectiveness. Recommend improvements to achieve and deliver improved results.
8.Facilitate organization and leadership development efforts to address root causes of EH&S related issues. Coach Managers and employees at all levels within client groups on a variety of environment health and safety topics.
9.Influence senior management across the company to clarify and to resolve divisional EH&S issues and improve overall EH&S program effectiveness.
10. Provide leadership in the development and implementation of EHS strategic plans to support the company's objectives.
11. Participate with other senior division / client group management staff to establish corporate policy. Work with our senior EH&S staff to set priorities and direction of EH&S initiatives that link to business objectives.
12. May be responsible for management and development of EH&S support staff (including remote workers, in different time zones).
13. Develop, implement, coordinate and perform EH&S training.
14. Provide technical EH&S support and information to required personnel.
15. Participate in process reviews (such job hazard analyses, etc.)
16. Support corporate/plant engineering to implement engineering controls to minimize safety and occupational health hazards.
17. Manage and maintain PPE (personal protective equipment) requirements.
18. Promote safety and health awareness through internal company memoranda, newsletters, and/or specific training programs.
19. Lead and serve on various EH&S related committees.
20. Develop, implement, and manage OSHA, CAL OSHA and USEPA required reports (OSHA logs etc)
21. Understand Federal and State (California) occupational safety, health and environmental regulations and monitor regulatory changes as they occur. Advise manufacturing plants and corporate staff of regulatory changes to ensure compliance in a timely manner.
22. Periodically audit practices and records of facilities to ensure compliance with company programs and Federal/State occupational safety and health regulations.
23. Manage near-miss incidents, lost-time injuries or illnesses, and work with injured workers, TPA, and clinic to manage Worker's Compensation Claims.
24. Review injury/illness and non-injury incident investigation reports and follow-up as necessary.
25. Commitment to continuous improvement to comply with ISO 9001:2000 and any other regulatory standard.
26. Continuous interpretation and compliance planning for current and emerging environmental regulatory requirements at all levels (Federal, State, County, City, etc).
27. Preparation and implementation of all environmental permits, reports, training and related requirements.
28. Interact with regulatory agencies, management, and other personnel to ensure environmental requirements and programs are fully integrated and effective.
29. Participate or lead working teams in the development and continuous improvement of Environmental systems, programs and strategy.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1.Bachelor's degree required (Masters preferred) in safety science, industrial engineering, or industrial hygiene, or Bachelor's degree in related field; 3-5 years in EH&S Manager experience, and 3-5 years in EH&S Coordinator experience in a manufacturing environment with a strong knowledge of federal and state safety and industrial hygiene compliance regulations.
2.12+ years of progressively complex EH&S experience required preferably in an industrial environment.
3.5+ years of experience in a management level role.
4.Understands general business metrics and how each metric influences each department and its employees.
5.Experience fostering employee communication and team work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
6.Extensive knowledge of EH&S policies and practices, compensation and benefits, organization change and effectiveness
7.Strong leadership skills and experience influencing at senior levels in an organization.
8.Ability to work as and be viewed as a trusted business partner to the organization.
9.Clear and concise interpersonal communication.
10. Ability to work at both strategic and tactical levels, within managerial/leadership and non-managerial employee groups.
1.Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common financial reports, and legal documents.
2.Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
3.Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
4.Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
5.Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
6.Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
Precision Castparts Corporation