VIEW JOBS1/14/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-14T00:00La Quinta by Wyndham is now seeking a Maintenance Level I to join our team at the La Quinta by Wyndham Bannockburn-Deerfield location in Bannockburn, Illinois.
This position is responsible for repairing and maintaining the hotel's physical plant in accordance with Company standards for quality, cleanliness, guest satisfaction, and safety and security.
Education & Experience
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Prefer at least one (1) year of related general repair experience.
* Must be able to stand and sit for extended periods, often for a minimum of 2 hours at a time.
* Must be able to frequently walk and climb/descend stairs approximately 50% of the time.
* On occasion is required climb up and down ladders.
* Must have general dexterity for firm and simple grasping of objects. Some tasks, such as the use of small repair tools, may also require fine dexterity skills.
* Must be able periodically kneel, reach, crawl, and twist torso as needed to accomplish required tasks.
* Must be able to push and/or pull approximately 60% of the time, to include when using a cart to carry linens, trash, tools, etc. or when operating equipment such as a lawnmower, pavement sweeper, wheelbarrow, etc.
* Must be able to regularly lift and carry up to 65 pounds without assistance and a maximum of 140 pounds with assistance.
* Must have basic working knowledge of plumbing, painting, HVAC, electrical, and/or other general repair skills.
* Must display very good organization and time management skills.
* Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with many types of personalities.
* Must have sound judgment and discretional skills and work with little or no supervision.
* Must be able to consistently work under pressure and simultaneously prioritize multiple projects.
* Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
* Must be able to obtain valid, current, and non-probationary driver's license if required to operate hotel shuttle/van.
* Obtain any locally required certifications.
* Perform routine maintenance throughout the property, to include painting, carpet/floor cleaning, etc.
* Perform minor adjustments on HVAC systems, including the repair and/or replacement of air conditioning units.
* Perform minor repairs and/or replacements of room furniture, fixtures, and equipment to include television sets, light fixtures, etc.
* Perform all other duties outlined in the Company's Preventative Maintenance Program, including adherence to the work order process.
* Resolve work orders reported in a timely manner while Sensing and Responding to guestroom needs.
* Clean and maintain the hotel's exterior areas, to include the swimming pool, parking lot, and all other aspects pertaining to the hotel's overall landscape and curb appeal.
* Protect Company assets by properly securing tools, equipment, and supplies.
* Report requests for major repairs to the General Manager in accordance with hotel procedures.
* Assist the General Manager in determining capital requests and monitoring existing contracts for capital projects.
* Announce presence and enter guest rooms in accordance with Company standards and procedures.
* Smile, acknowledge, and greet guests while in guest rooms or any other area of the hotel.
* Respond to guest's requests for immediate repairs.
* Be available to work a flexible schedule.
* Assist other employees in various assignments, such as collecting/delivering dirty linen to laundry, operating the hotel shuttle/van, and assisting with laundry or housekeeping as needed.
Safety and Security
* Perform work duties in accordance with Company safety and security policies and procedures, as well as in accordance with posted OSHA, HazCom, and Blood Borne Pathogen regulations and other applicable state and local regulations.
* Report and store lost-and-found items in accordance with hotel procedures.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: La Quinta by Wyndham Bannockburn-Deerfield, 2000 Lakeside Drive, Bannockburn, Illinois 60015
Employment Status: Full-time or Part-Time
What we expect from you
* Bring your best every day
* Put our guests first
* Strive to exceed expectations in all you do
What you can expect from us
* Best-in-class training and career development
* Supportive and engaged team
* Fast paced fun environment
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the champion of the everyday traveler. Through the largest and widest collection of hotel experiences in the world, we work to make hotel travel possible for all. Wherever and however people travel, Wyndham will be there to welcome them.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Apply now "
Find similar jobs:
Maintenance and Engineering
× CREATE JOB ALERTS | VIEW PROFILE
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
VIEW JOBS1/19/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-19T00:00Job Description
Office Manager I
* You could lead people within an organization that still values giving back and offers flexible schedules
* You could make an impact in a measurable way, and that impact would be recognized and appreciated
* You could invest your time working for six months of the year, leaving you free for the remainder of the year to pursue other interests
If you're excited by this, then we are interested in learning more about you!
H&R Block, the world's leader in tax preparation services,1 is looking for driven leaders to manage our retail offices, and the fabulous teams of people that work within them, to accelerate our seasonal tax business. Our positions will be filled as an Office Manager I, II, or III depending upon experience, and we also offer career progression to multi-unit office management positions and year-round roles to those with an interest and drive to grow!
Leverage your leadership skills to:
* Coach and lead the team to deliver outstanding client service and exceed targeted goals
* Manage office staffing, operations, and logistics for a tax office
* Grow the business through developing local partnerships, managing office community involvement, and modeling and coaching sales and new client growth tactics
* Assist in the development and execution of office-level growth plans
* Assist in recruiting and interviewing tax office associates
* Become a knowledgeable resource on tax topics and products and, as needed, prepare accurate and complete tax returns for clients
What you'll bring to the team…
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Leadership and supervisory skills to guide and develop associates
* A desire to problem solve and passion for customer service
* Demonstrated aptitude for business plan execution and desire to grow the business
* Strong communication, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
* Successful completion of the H&R Block Tax Knowledge Assessment or Income Tax Course²
* Annual completion of 18-hour continuing education and ability to meet all other IRS and applicable state requirements
* 2+ years in a Tax Professional role is preferred
* Bilingual Spanish speaking skills a big plus, but not required
Apply today using any device at www.hrblock.com/careers > Tax Office JobsH&R Block is an equal opportunity employer.
1 Based on annual revenues for sales of tax preparation products and services.
2 Enrollment in, or completion of the H&R Block Income Tax Course is neither an offer nor a guarantee of employment
H&R Block, Inc.BannockburnIL
VIEW JOBS1/11/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-11T00:00POSITION PROFILE
Provides exceptional service to the business by greeting/assisting all visitors and answering and transferring incoming calls from all over the United States.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Greets the public.
* Distributes name badges to visitors, temporary employees, etc.
* Issues facility access cards to employees.
* Schedules meeting rooms for all.
* Answers and transfers calls from all over the United States.
* Participates enthusiastically in company and community service events.
* Performs light Administrative duties.
* Performs PC Support and Administrative duties as needed.
* Acts as a model for Vision, Values, and Mission.
* Builds professional relationships with customers and other teams.
* Responsible for the timely updates of company phone and speed dial lists.
* Responsible for issuing of the Company Loaner Cell Phones.
* Assists Administration or any other team when needed for various tasks (envelope labels, compiling manuals, etc.).
* Understands other work areas.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
* Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 2+ years of prior switchboard experience.
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer -- Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.Ricoh Americas CorporationBannockburnIL