Enterprise Solutions Engineer (Pre-Sales) - East Region
New York , NY 10001
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Ready for a unique opportunity to make a substantial impact with a disruptive tech company? Tigera is funded by top tier VCs, has an amazing product and a brilliant team. If you have drive and like to succeed in a collaborative environment, we want to talk to you.
Tigera is looking for a highly skilled and motivated enterprise solutions engineer who will be key in extending the success of the sales team in the region. You will be paired with one or more of our Enterprise Account Executives, and be our customers primary technical point of contact.
You will serve as a product and industry expert, taking a consultative approach to identifying customer pain points and driving towards technical alignment. You will be a trusted point of contact for our customers, but you will also keep a focus on advancing the sales process.
This is a great chance for the right individual to get into a high-growth project that is core to the container revolution currently taking place in the cloud industry. We are still at an early stage, making this a very exciting opportunity for the right individual.
- Lead the technical engagement of key Tigera engagements in the region, with the support of the rest of the Tigera team. You will be instrumental in ensuring the success of the customer.
- Assist potential customers with demo, qualification, architecture, PoC, and lab trials with the goal of moving those to a successful deployment of the Tigera solution. Be the customers advocate into the rest of the Tigera team.
- Collect and analyze requirements from the field and assist the CTO and Product Management teams within Tigera in deriving a set of features or capabilities that would meet those requirements.
- Engage with leads and cultivate prospective Tigera customers.
- Become a trusted resource and advocate for your customers. Someone who the customer relies on to give the right answer, not necessarily the most commercially rewarding answer.
- Respond to proposals and RFIs/RFPs
- Work as part of the sales team toward reaching sales quota.
- Travel as needed to customer locations
- 7+ years of experience in data center environments. Preferably related to networking, security, orchestration, cloud infrastructure, and/or scale-out/big-data environments.
- Previous experience as Pre-Sales Engineer, supporting a complex software sales cycle to DevOps, NetOps, SecOps,
- Experience with security, compliance and Infosec skills strongly preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to present on and discuss complex architectures.
- Ability to write scripts or glue-code to automate installations, integrate components, etc. would be a benefit.
- A deep technical understanding, including hands-on experience, of cloud and container technologies (such as AWS, GCE, Azure, Docker and Kubernetes) and microservice deployment patterns.
- Experience with Service Mesh technologies (like Istio and Envoy) would be a plus.
Tigera is an early-stage startup, well funded by top-tier VCs. We offer a competitive compensation package along with full health, vision and dental benefits. We believe in a collaborative, flexible work environment based on respect for, and commitment from, every employee. These benefits, coupled with an amazing team of individuals who believe in our mission and value openness, collaboration and teamwork, make Tigera an awesome place to work.