Enterprise Data Architect (Knoxville, TN)
Wavicle Data Solutions
Knoxville , TN
Posted 4 days ago
Wavicle Data Solutions designs and delivers data and analytics solutions to reduce time, cost, and risk of companies data projects, improving the quality of their analytics and decisions now and into the future. As a privately-held consulting service organization with popular, name brand clients across multiple industries, Wavicle offers exciting opportunities for data scientists, solutions architects, developers, and consultants to jump right in and contribute to meaningful, innovative solutions.
Our 250+ local, nearshore and offshore consultants, data architects, cloud engineers, and developers build cost-effective, right-fit solutions leveraging our teams deep business acumen and knowledge of cutting-edge data and analytics technology and frameworks.
At Wavicle, youll find a challenging and rewarding work environment where we enjoy working as a team to exceed client expectations. Employees appreciate being part of something meaningful at Wavicle. Wavicle has been recognized by industry leaders as follows:
- Chicago Tribunes Top Workplaces
- Inc 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies in the US
- Crains Fast 50 fastest growing companies in the Chicago area
- Talend Expert Partner recognition
- Microsoft Gold Data Platform competency
About the Role:
The Enterprise Data Architect will play a crucial role in setting the strategy, technical direction and driving the adoption of our next generation data platform. This position is a highly visible role in helping our client modernize its solutions and change the way they think about and apply data in solutions across their enterprise. A successful candidate for this position must possess both a deep and wide background in data technologies spanning solutions built on traditional and non-traditional platforms.
The Enterprise Data Architect must be comfortable driving technical ideas and communicating clearly with technical as well as non-technical audiences.
- Gain an understanding of the Current State Ecosystem and then define the Target State Data Architecture and Strategy.
- Work as the Technical Subject Matter Expert in partnership with the Product Owners and IT Solution Owners to define the technical strategy for data driven products and applications.
- Provide leadership to the project development teams for successful project implementation on the selected data platform.
- Work with the product organization to develop business requirements into architecture and integrate into the onger term data platform strategy.
- Define solution level architecture for project teams including guidance on development tools, target platforms, operations, and security.
- Drive towards adoption of the target state architecture by executing on the strategy. Must possess the leadership qualities necessary to drive change and adoption of the strategy.
- Develop Architectures for highly scalable and fault-tolerant applications using Cloud, Relational database technologies, Data Warehousing, Machine Learning, and Modern Big Data Compute platforms.
- Provide technical and architectural oversight for systems and projects that are required to be reliable, massively scalable, highly available (99.999% uptime), and maintainable.
- Introduce best practices and principles to enable consistent delivery and enable alignment with long term direction.
- Lead and mentor other team members. Provide expertise to project team engineers as needed. Foster development best practices within the team.
- Identify and drive process improvements. Facilitate communication with cross-functional groups.
- Stay up to date on new tools & techniques in the data space. Conduct proof of concept activities with key business users in support of advanced use cases.
- 10+ years of experience architecting, designing, and developing large scale data solutions utilizing a mixture of Big Data, Machine Learning, and Relational database platforms.
- Direct experience with AWS-based technologies.
- Proven experience leading teams resulting in the successful deployment of applications built on data platforms.
- Candidates having experience with migrating from legacy applications to a solution utilizing Cloud will be preferred.
- Advanced Relational Database Experience (RDBMS) in one or more of the following: Microsoft SQL Server or PostgreSQL.
- Experience as the technical lead, organizing and mentoring junior and intermediate level developers, DBAs, data engineers, data scientists, and data strategists.
- Experience developing software with Java, Scala, PySpark, and Python.
- Proven Linux experience including:
- Basic Administration.
- Files and Permissions.
- Directory Navigation.
- Job Scheduling.
- Shell Scripts.
- Big Data experience including:
- Use and set up of Blocks, Name nodes, Data nodes.
- File Systems Interfaces, parallel copies, cluster balance and archiving.
- Scaling Out including data flow, combiner functions, running distributed jobs.
- Data "Ingestion" techniques such as streaming, ETL, etc.
- Hadoop Pipes.
- Sorting, joins and side data distributions.
- Machine Learning model management and training.
- Big Data tools including:
- Sqoop and Flume.
- Hive/Impala and other Map Reduce techniques and approaches.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related degree.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% monthly to the client location, as required by the client.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Wavicle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- College Tuition Benefit
- Bonus Program