University Of Cumberlands
Williamsburg , KY 40769
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
This person will have excellent intercultural, problem-solving, organizational and computer skills in order to keep up with the demands of the office. The position requires excellent communication skills, the ability to be a dynamic team player, and experience in education or work abroad.
The Enrollment Counselor coordinates admissions process and enrollment of qualified students. She/he will perform a broad range of duties to meet the needs of the online program, including admissions, advising, and registration.
- Should be a U.S. citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Must possess good people skills, ability to communicate honestly and with tact for students who may not qualify for admissions
- Outstanding telephone skills; polite, friendly manner working with students
- Proficient in computer literacy and knowledgeable of Microsoft Office
- Must show initiative, adaptability, resourcefulness, dependability, and ability to take action
- Customer Service Experience.
- Excellent analytical, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work flexible schedule.
- Will require occasional weekend work and travel.
- Office hours and work times are based on student needs; including availability for students worldwide.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages admissions process including inquiries, correspondence, collection and maintaining admissions data.
- Working with admissions staff to keep student records up-to-date and accurately entered into ERP/CSM database.
- Creating new student folders and assigning them to appropriate counselor through students academic interest
- Responsible for maintaining admissions reports, daily, weekly, and monthly applicant/inquiry statistical reports.
- Evaluates prospective student applications and transcripts using consistent standards for admissions to the University.
- Communicate effectively with applicants in a timely manner
- Provides thorough knowledge of the University, academic departments, programs, curricula, methods of program delivery, and expectations.
- Collaboration with academic departments and administration on a regular basis and ability to build/maintain positive relationships.
- Transcript Evaluations for program requirements (recommended hours, content areas, GPA requirements, etc.) for meeting program standards for the University and State certification process.
- Provide prompt and efficient customer service.
- Learn and execute new information and data processes that are required to meet needs of the department.
- Represent the University at events.
- Receives and uploads student admissions documents.
- Assist with orientations or other programs
- Performs other duties as assigned.