Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Engineering Test Technician (2Nd Shift)
Onward Technologies Inc
Van Buren Township , Michigan 48111
Posted 2 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Engineering Test Technician (2nd Shift)Location:
Van Buren Township, Michigan
Performs all aspects of test operations under the supervision of engineers including build, set up, test plan execution, and data collection of developmental engines, transmissions and vehicles ranging from simple to complex technology.Responsibilities:
- Sets up test cells for engines, transmissions and vehicles by modifying and/or fabricating certain transmission, engine and vehicle components for test
- Selects, installs, calibrates, and checks sensing and data acquisition equipment
- Assists in the design specification and troubleshooting of test cell and test object electronics, hydraulics, pneumaticsand mechanicals for problematic operation
- Performs engine, transmission, or vehicle build
- Monitors critical functions of engines and equipment while operating test cells
- Records or coordinates the recording of test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or test method
- Performs preliminary analysis of result
- Acts as liaison with other departments and with clients where appropriate; may participate in presentations to clients
- Suggests new process improvements
- Contributes to planning own activities on a project and monitoring/controlling costs, while working within engineering principles and company specifications and practices with regard to calculations and other variables affecting test results
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED), plus technical training such as trade school, apprenticeship, or Associates degree
- 10 years of related experience installing, maintaining, and servicing electrical, electronic, and mechanical equipment with progressively more years of increasingly complex experience for each grade
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in the installing, maintaining, and servicing of electrical, electronic, and mechanical equipment.
- Mig and tig welding experience may be required
- Able to work 2nd Shift Schedule (3:00 PM - 11:30 PM)
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.