Engineering Product Manager
Zen Sherpa LLC
Elwood , KS 66024
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Looking for a dynamic, progressive, innovative design engineering and manufacturing company? Then this company is right for you! A mobile construction equipment design engineering company is looking for an Engineering Product Manager located in the Elwood KS facility.
You must have excellent mechanical project engineering skills, a passion for manufacturing, strong and effective communication skills, and the ability to think fast and turn problems into opportunities.
A preferred candidate is one who can provide technical product/project engineering leadership/management for the development and maintenance of assigned products.
- Responsible for product line technical/engineering project management and execution of assigned tasks.
- Direct responsibility for new product development, management of technical teams to accomplish tasks, and establishment of specifications and performance metrics of assigned product line.
- Manages new product development process and reports status thereof
- Manages engineering project timelines, budget, resource allocation, costs, and BOMs
- Communicates between different processes, teams, departments, and management hierarchy, clearly defining standards and goals to be achieved or required
- Engineering projects include new product development, current product enhancements, cost reduction efforts, and product problem resolution(s)
- Report project status to other departments as well as upper management as required
- Act as single point contact for all engineering and technical concerns regarding assigned product line
- Participate in both internal and external customer and supplier meetings as necessary to assure achievement of project goals
- Direct management/leadership of technical resources to accomplish on-time and on-budget projects assigned
- Undertake new tasks or projects as determined by current business need/requirement.
Knowledge, skills & attributes preferred:
- Exhibit leadership, integrity, resilience, flexible to current and new situations, but always a team player with subordinates, peers, and/or management
- Must be results driven and can encourage and to speak up to motivate people and teams to perform as needed
- Ability to analyze data and costs, prioritize tasks, problem solve, project manage and manage change.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with immediate team, all participating inside and outside departments, supplier, and customer base, as well as upper management
- Able to manage multiple projects in varying stages of process execution with knowledge, expertise, and motivation to succeed.
- Minimum 5-7 years of progressive engineering project/product management in related construction, agriculture, and/or related industry.
- Demonstrated engineering project leadership
- Minimum BSME
- Hands-on manufacturing and/or product assembly experience
- Construction and/or commercial vehicle engineering project experience desirable
- MS Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint desirable
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance (Supplement Life and AD&D offered)
- Disability Insurance (STD & LTD) offered
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Public Holidays)
- Relocation allowance available upon hiring.