Des Moines , IA 50047
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Reports to: Vice
North Sioux City, SD
The engineering manager plans, organizes and directs engineering to meet company objectives for design, new product development and improvement of existing product lines by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates. You will be responsible for overseeing various engineering projects, processes, budgets, and timelines and making any necessary adjustments in order to ensure successful completion.
- Plans and formulates aspects of research and development proposals such as objective or purpose of project, applications that can be used from findings, costs of project, and equipment and human resource requirements.
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis. Plans documentation system.
- Selects correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement for existing ones.
- Reviews and analyzes proposals submitted to determine if benefits derived and possible applications justify expenditures.
- Approves and submits proposals considered feasible to management for consideration and allocation of funds or allocates funds from the department budget.
- Working with operation leadership reviews and monitors quality and process improvements and new product development.
- Directs the review of production costs and product quality, and modifies production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of division.
- Recommends budgets to management, including staff use, technology, facility and equipment requirements or improvements.
- Directs appropriate support for manufacturing and quality functions within the organization.
- Serve as the engineering leader and technical expert
- Create detailed engineering plans, processes, and procedures for engineering staff to use and abide by
- Propose and oversee budgets and timelines for engineering projects
- Conduct various tests and quality assurance checks to verify the quality of completed projects
- Spearhead various research and development initiatives to identify opportunities for new projects and improved processes
- Project Management.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency
- Financial Management
This position manages the engineering staff with responsibilities to include performance management, staffing and employee development.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering
- 5 to 10 years Engineering experience
- 3 5 years Leadership experience (preferred leading Engineering Team)
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.