Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Caguas , PR 00725
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
- Manages Manufacturing and Facilities Engineering department to support manufacturing operations in the site. Responsible to define and execute the short/medium/long term engineering strategy for the functions previously described. This role will lead the initiatives to upgrade/optimize the current manufacturing and facilities processes. The role will work in coordination with his/her divisional counterparts to also support/accomplish divisional goals. Responsible for the day-to-day technical support for manufacturing, process improvement initiatives, process and equipment maintenance/calibration and maintaining an open interface between the site, US technical Services and R&D operations. Develop and implement plans to support new product transfer activities, scrap reduction initiatives, equipment/tooling capacity planning and continuous improvement projects.
- Develop Departmental Objective; perform annual employee reviews, report performance measures in monthly review meetings. Develop and monitor departmental budget to meet business commitments. (20%)
- Provide technical direction to the product/process and facility related issues. Work directly with Divisional Technical Service, Process Development, R&D and Facility functions in the resolution of the issues. (20%)
- Monitor daily/weekly/monthly product key metric trends and develop action plans as required (i.e. scrap, downtime) (10%)
- Organize, track and report technical projects and key activities. Investigate and report on current risk management activities. Investigate and present status of findings associated with audit observations, NCMR's and CAPA's. (10%)
- Ensure compliance with all SJM/Abbott procedures and all applicable regulatory agency requirements. (10%)
- Administer the manufacturing areas preventive maintenance and calibration systems. (5%)
- Liaison with Divisional Engineering team to develop short and long term strategies aligned with his/her areas of responsibilities. (5%)
- Maintaining production equipment files and database. (5%)
- Prepare departmental budgets and control expenditures to stay within spending limits. (5%)
- Continuous Improvement - develop effective processes capable of meeting quality, cost and supply chain objectives (5%)
- Other duties as assigned. (5%)
- Bachelor Degree in Science or Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in manufacturing operations .
Able to manage very high workload and professional challenges.
Strong verbal and written communication skills (English and Spanish); communicating with all levels of organization and in all types of situations.
Knowledge and ability in: Medical Device, General employment laws, safety and OSHA requirements, Quality Systems, Six Sigma and computer hardware & software tools.
Strong knowledge in product transfers, validations & qualification plans and statistical methods.
DIVISION:CAHF Cardiac Arrhythmias & Heart Failure
LOCATION:Puerto Rico : West Industrial Park Calle B, Lote #20
TRAVEL:Yes, 15 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link
- English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link
- Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf