San Francisco , CA 94102
Posted 3 months ago
You have a history of experience leading engineering teams at business product units.
You know how to build and improve engineering groups that work on a spectrum of new and creative market-defining products in an agile development process.
You are a leader who thrives at the junction of business, product, and technology, and who can enable new use cases and accelerate growth.
You inspire, make tough decisions, and get things done.
You immerse yourself in the territory of new markets, embrace team needs, assess talent quickly, and pick up velocity.
You have experience in architecture design and implementation of large scale systems on Azure, AWS or other cloud infrastructures.
You have demonstrated large systems software design and development experience.
You have hands-on programming experience in C++, Go or Python.
Core Traits We Expect You to Embody
Focused on solving customer problems and adding value for customers.
Data-driven methods to inform decisions about products, technology, and teams.
Substantial ownership of outcomes and ability to cultivate this trait.
Experience building and leading teams at scale, and strong operational practices which can spam over multi-year horizons.
Recruiting and retaining teams of engineers.
Expertise in finding solutions to problems.
Core Responsibilities Include
- Build and develop an exceptional engineering team that delivers with velocity and quality.
- Influence and establish best engineering practices through solid design decisions, processes and tools.
- Manage robust and scalable systems in order to get ahead of demand.
- Work closely with the rest of the leadership on product strategy and roadmap refinement.
- Actively work with customers, field teams, and cross-functional product teams to deliver valuable solutions for customers.
- Work with partners outside Autonomously on product, technology, and team innovation.
- Streamline and improve adoption of Autonomously's products and offerings.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field. Masters preferred.
- At least 3 years of engineering management experience
- At least 6 years of software development experience in an Agile environment
- Demonstrated experience leading engineering teams focused on large scale distributed systems is strongly desired.
- Demonstrated experience as a technical lead on successful, large-scale software projects is ideal.
- Demonstrated experience in building Enterprise services is strongly desired.
- Deep understanding of version control systems (git), including branching and merging strategies and practices
- Passionate about good engineering practices, new technologies, and improving processes
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are key to working effectively with the team.
- Have experience leading distributed teams on multiple concurrent projects.
- Scrum master experience is preferred.