This important role demonstrates and applies technical expertise in the area of demand side management programs. Maintains a working relationship with the local state coordinators to support their efforts in the field. Supports the Energy Efficiency Coordinator regarding overall implementation/trade ally outreach and customer interactions.
PAY RANGE:$21 - $28 per hour(Base pay is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
CLOSING DATE:This position will close on March 12, 2019.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Sr. Manager Energy Efficiency
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrate and utilize knowledge of all Demand Side Management programs (DSM).*
- Implement a trade ally outreach effort to engage and educate local trade allies.*
- Support function for the state coordinator of energy efficiency, run reports, manage electronic data and coordinate quarterly contractor meetings.*
- Work in collaboration with the key account and business development teams within the state to provide customer specific support regarding energy efficiency.*
- Ensure required advertising and marketing materials for the DSM programs are available for all trade allies and key supporters within the community.*
- Backup support for customers requesting information about DSM programs and energy efficiency for customer incoming calls.*
- Works in concert with the State Coordinator regarding overall implementation of DMS program. Proficient in EXCEL, Power Point, CIS+, Microsoft Word and able to learn the rebate tracking software.
- Manage or play a key role in managing special projects.*
- Ability to troubleshoot customer issues and make good business decisions related to customer issues.*
- Coordinate and manage the electronic data generated each year in energy efficiency.*
- Develop state specific reports for the state leads for reporting purposes.
- Maintain strong working relationships with other internal departments*
- Maintain professional relationships with regulatory commissions.*
- Maintain professional relationship with customers, consultants, vendors and trade allies.
- Business sales and or marketing experience of at least two years.*
- 2 years of utility experience preferred but not required
- High school diploma or equivalent required.*
- B.A. or B.S. degree preferred.
- Knowledge of electric and/or natural gas operations and end use technologies.*
- Customer service skills and effective communication processes.*
- Knowledge of general energy efficiency (EE) offerings.*
- Experience with computer applications and Microsoft office products.
- Must be able to work independently with excellent time management and organizational skills.*
- Must be self motivated and goal oriented.*
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal and customer relations experience required.*
- Ability to work a variety of hours to accommodate public presentations or to meet customer needs.*
- Computer proficiency and Experience with computer applications and programs such as Microsoft office products.*
- Ability to prioritize work and take direction from several team members.*
- Work independently on various projects.*
- Cold-call sales skills.*
- Good communication skills.*
- Conduct outreach to trade allys and targeted customers.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.*
- Must be able to sit at a desk and computer for long periods of time throughout a day.
About our Company: We are a growth-oriented, vertically integrated energy company that is devoted to our communities. We have a mission to improve life with energy and a vision to be the energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture sparks unique perspectives, opening doors to new ideas and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 2800 employees and serve 1.2 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas). Our non-regulated businesses generate wholesale electricity and produce natural gas, oil and coal.
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package: annual incentive program, 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), paid time off, paid holidays and annual floating holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid maternity and paternity benefits, tuition reimbursement and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically.
Black Hills Energy does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
We are an EEO Employer.