Employment Specialist - South Metro - Sign-On Bonus
Saint Paul , MN 55120
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
$1,800 sign-on bonus payable over the first six months!
Responsibilities: Provide person-centered services & supports related to employment services to assist each person in reaching their highest degree of independence possible. Work with all involved parties to achieve a successful employment outcome that is well matched to their interests, preferences, and abilities. Work with employers and provide suggestions to reduce barriers to employment for persons served.
Essential Job Duties:
Service Provision for persons served
- Support persons served in making informed choices for competitive integrated employment that are aligned with the persons long-range goals and available jobs in the competitive labor market.
- Work in cooperation with support team members to develop, document, and implement employment plans for persons served that are aligned with the persons interest, preferences, and abilities. Maintain documentation that meets requirements (245D, EE, VRS)
- Provide training, assistance, services, and materials necessary to a successful job search in both in-person and virtual environments, including but not limited to: employer contacts; resume writing; job seeking skills; interviewing skills; application completion; orientation; on-boarding; understanding policies/procedures; etc.
- Provide on-the-job training and coaching to ensure the person is comfortable in their position and performing the necessary duties of the job as well as demonstrating the soft skills necessary for success
- Serve as an advocate for each person, educating employers and coworkers on inclusive workplace practices while helping to develop natural support within the workplace
- Develop employment plans for persons served requiring long-term employment support services to maintain employment.
- Provide vocational counseling for assigned caseload and make referrals to appropriate agencies for supplemental services as needed.
- Work with referral agents to solicit referrals based on MSS eligibility criteria. Conduct referral meetings, assess eligibility, complete intake/discharge meetings and required paperwork.
- Maintain up-to-date files for assigned individuals. Ensure that all program records are accurate and completed in a timely manner. Ensure that all individual employment records are distributed to other support team members as requested/required.
- Meet targeted goal for billable hours of service for persons served in the program.
Must possess the education and experience necessary to provide quality services and meet the Designated Coordinator standards under 245D:
- A Bachelors degree in a related field, plus 1 year of work experience providing direct care for persons with disabilities; or
- An Associates degree in a field related to human services plus 2 years of work experience providing direct care for persons with disabilities; or
- A diploma in a field related to human services from an accredited post-secondary institution and 3 years of full-time work experience providing direct care to persons with disabilities; or
- A minimum of 50 hours of education and training related to human services and 4 years of full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities under the supervision of a staff person who meets the qualifications above.
Must pass a background check as required by the MN Department of Human Services, MSS, and applicable law. Must have a valid drivers license and be insurable as determined by our insurance company. Must be able to provide own transportation.
This is a full-time position with some flexibility in schedule based on the needs of the persons served. Some evenings and weekends may be required. Remote work options/flexibility available for paperwork completion. Starting wage is $20/hour. Benefits include health, dental, life and disability insurance, paid holidays and PTO and a 401K plan. AA/EEO Employer.