Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above.
You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information. Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing BB&T Accessibility or by calling 866-362-6451. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Support Employee Benefits (EB) producer and Account Executive, if applicable, by serving mid-sized and moderately complex clients, be knowledgeable in EB coverages, carrier guidelines, underwriting, and legislative changes, to maintain relationships with clients and carrier representatives and to assist in suggesting new lines of coverage for existing clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1.Build and maintain key client and carrier relationships, by phone, e-mail and in person.
2.Assist assigned clients and EB staff with service questions related to administration, billing, claims issues and problem solving, upon request.
3.Continually seek cross-sell opportunities and suggest new lines of coverage.
4.Work with EB producer, and/or Account Executive, to monitor and manage the renewal process for assigned clients. Coordinate meeting with client and/or producer to present the renewal and supporting documents to gain acceptance of the renewal or commitment to go to market for alternative options.
5.Prepare marketing information or provide required information to a marketing person. Once marketing options have been prepared, the producer/Account Executive/Account Manager presents the options to the client.
6.Schedule and conduct associate meetings in coordination with Account Executive or producer, and complete the implementation process.
7.Enroll clients in Employee Benefits communication tools. Demonstrate use of the tool with client. Introduce resources to new clients and existing clients at renewal. At least monthly, remind clients of a new or updated Resource Net document.
8.Assist clients with compliance (e.g. HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, ERISA, legislative), as requested.
9.Conduct quarterly account management visits with assigned clients.
10. Review claims reports monthly and deliver reports to clients on monthly or quarterly basis, as required.
11. Deliver, review and submit COBRA administration forms, as necessary.
12. Coordinate and facilitate preparation and delivery of benefit booklets and/or benefit statements and any other fulfillment items with assistance of EB agency staff.
13. Assist assigned clients by helping plan and execute health fair, seminars, webinars and "lunch 'n learns", as requested.
14. Provide administrative support on other tasks such as assigned special projects and development of new ideas/services, as requested.
15. Become proficient in the EB Agency Management System, specifically to update policies that are written or renewed, log activities to document client meetings, carrier follow-up, service issues, establish follow-up date and daily manage follow-up in EB Agency Management System. Also, understand how to use the system to acquire information to assist clients.
16. Attend seminars, classes and carrier meetings to keep abreast of new products available for clients and acquire expertise in legislative changes, as opportunities occur.
17. Mentor and train Account Manger I.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1.Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and related training
2.Five years of solid knowledge of Employee Benefits or equivalent experience
4.Ability and experience working with large retail accounts
5.Good written and verbal communication skills
6.Good problem-solving skills
7.Good organizational skills
8.Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office products
9.Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1.Experience with BB&T Insurance Services' software, BenefitPoint, Zywave and Resource Net
2.Training on the requirements of health care reform
BB&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.
EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify