Emergency Veterinary Technician - Georgetown
Veterinary Emergency Group
Washington , DC 20001
Posted 7 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Emergency Veterinary Technician
WHO WE ARE
Were opening a brand new emergency hospital in the Georgetown, DC area, and were building an all-star Technician team! Veterinary Emergency Group (VEG) is a rapidly growing, venture-backed veterinary emergency company with hospital locations across the USA. We are profitable, doubling our size every year and supported by a multi-billion dollar investor. Our mission is helping people and their pets when they need it most. We are changing the face of emergency veterinary medicine with a customer first mentality.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Knowledge and ability to recognize medical emergencies and illnesses
- Assessing patients, recording vitals, and assisting doctors with diagnostics
- Completing all treatments as instructed by the doctor
- Basic husbandry and nursing care
- Monitoring all changes in patients, and alerting the doctor as necessary
- Providing TLC to both our patients and their people
- Taking blood
- Placing catheters
- Obtaining urine samples via cysto
- Clipping/cleaning wounds
- Bandaging wounds
- Assisting in, and facilitating, radiography capture
- Preparing samples for outside reference labs
- Running in-house lab work
- Preparing medications
- Administering medications, both oral, IV, and IM
- Monitoring anesthesia and assisting in surgery
- Performing CPR
- Any other field related tasks
WHO WE NEED:
- Be available for any shift, days, swing, overnights, and some holidays
- Be able to follow verbal written and electronic instructions
- Proficient in calculating medication dosages
- Minimum of 2 years experience is preferred
- Be able to work well in a fast-paced environment with all personality types
- Be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Those with an Is it what it is, but it becomes what you make it attitude
- Be able to prioritize patient care during multiple traiges
- Must have a fantastic attitude and a true passion for animals.and yes, even the occasional snake!
- The ability to learn veterinary software programs
- Lead by example. Were looking for candidates who are easily approachable, remain calm under pressure, and enjoy teaching others
- Team players - no one should be above cleaning cages and picking up poop
Because emergency is all we do, so we do it best! We also offer:
- Industry-leading compensation
- Something new every day - youll never be bored in emergency medicine
- We build our hospitals from scratch. Youll be using all of the latest equipment and technology.
- Generous employee pet discount
- Referral rewards - tell your friends why they should come work for VEG too!
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- 401K w/ company match
- Paid parental leave - 10 weeks of paid leave at 100% of regular salary
- Unlimited Continuing Education opportunities - we want to help you grow in your career!
- Flexible work schedules for a true work-life balance
- Growth and relocation potential
- Groceries sent to the hospitals weekly for the staff to enjoy, monthly and quarterly contests, quarterly hospital outings, annual company-wide retreat, etc!
- Lastly, because while our work is serious, we believe that it should also be fun!
Full-time and part-time applicants are welcome to apply!
VEG celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. You've found the equal opportunity employer you are looking for. We can't wait to meet you!
Virtual Walkthrough of VEG Georgetown!: https://youtu.be/UbSYtZOjVOA