Emergency Veterinary Technician - Asheville
Veterinary Emergency Group
Asheville , NC
Posted 6 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The family you will be joining:
VEG is a rapidly growing group of emergency practices with multiple locations and a single mission: Helping People and Their Pets When They Need it Most. We are changing the face of emergency veterinary medicine with a customer first mentality. Were a group of passionate, thoughtful leaders that believe in the power of an open mind and servant leadership.
We are building something amazing in Asheville and this is your chance to be a part of it from the start! We need a team that brings creative ideas, critical thinking abilities, and a willingness to be the best. This is going to be a fun and awesome experience!
What you can expect to do:
- Knowledge and ability to recognize medical emergencies and illnesses
- Assessing patients
- Recording vitals and assisting doctors with diagnostics
- Completing all treatments as instructed by the doctor
- Basic husbandry and nursing care
- Monitoring all changes in patients and giving them all the compassionate care they deserve
- Taking blood
- Placing catheters
- Assisting in and facilitating radiography capture
- Preparing samples for outside reference labs
- Running in-house lab work
- Preparing medications
- Administering medications
- Any other field related tasks
What we will need from you:
- Be available Nights weekends and Holidays
- Be able to follow verbal written and electronic instructions
- Have a minimum of 2 years veterinary technician experience
- Be able to work well in a fast-paced environment with all personality types
- Be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
Why you should choose us: Because emergency is all we do, so we do it best!
We also offer:
- Industry-leading compensation
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 10 weeks of Parental Leave with 100% pay
- 401K w/ company match
- Unlimited CE
- Flexible work schedules for a true work-life balance (3 shifts a week is full time for us)
- Growth potential
- Fresh groceries sent to the hospital weekly, monthly and quarterly contests, quarterly hospital outings, annual company-wide retreat, etc!
VEG celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. You've found the equal opportunity employer you are looking for. We can't wait to meet you!