Emergency Veterinary Assistant - Georgetown
Veterinary Emergency Group
Washington , DC 20001
Posted 7 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Emergency Veterinary Assistant
WHO WE ARE
Were opening a brand new emergency hospital in the Georgetown, DC area, and were assembling an all-star team! Veterinary Emergency Group (VEG) is a rapidly growing veterinary emergency company with hospital locations across the USA. We are profitable and doubling our size every year. Our mission is helping people and their pets when they need it most. We are changing the face of emergency veterinary medicine with a customer first mentality.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Provide treat them like family customer service
- Restrain all types of animals, sizes and temperaments. Dont worry, we can teach you!
- Assist veterinarians and technicians with exams, procedures and X-rays
- Daily inventory and restocking
- Provide a clean and comfortable environment for all hospitalized pets and their people
- Maintain cleanliness and disinfect all areas of the hospital including, but not limited to: laundry, cleaning of floors, trash removal, cleaning treatment areas and exam rooms, reception area and restrooms
- Provide TLC for our patients
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Prior veterinary experience is highly preferred, but we love opening doors for the right candidate!
- Must have a fantastic attitude and a true passion for animals.and yes, even the occasional snake!
- The ability to learn veterinary software programs
- Team players - willingness to jump in wherever your help is needed
- Flexibility and availability to work all shifts, days, swings, overnights, and some holidays
Because emergency is all we do, so we do it best! We also offer:
- Industry-leading compensation
- We build our hospitals from scratch. Youll be using all of the latest equipment and technology.
- Generous employee pet discount
- Referral rewards - tell your friends why they should come work for VEG too!
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- 401K w/ company match
- Paid parental leave - up to 10 weeks of paid leave at 100% of regular salary
- Unlimited Continuing Education opportunities - we want to help you grow in your career!
- Flexible work schedules for a true work-life balance
- Growth potential
- Groceries sent to the hospitals weekly for the staff to enjoy, monthly and quarterly contests, quarterly hospital outings, annual company-wide retreat, etc!
- Lastly, because while our work is serious, we believe that it should also be fun!
VEG celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. You've found the equal opportunity employer you are looking for. We can't wait to meet you!
Virtual Walkthrough of VEG Georgetown!: https://youtu.be/UbSYtZOjVOA