Emergency Medical Technician
Proaction Emergency Services Instiute
El Paso , TX 79901
Posted 5 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are actively recruiting for a certified Emergency Medical Technician to service as special event medics at venues throughout the El Paso, TX area. This is part-time / PRN / on-call work performed on-site.
The employee must possess and apply the knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of an EMT including but not limited to:
- Must be capable of performing all duties autonomously with little to no supervision. It is not uncommon for ProAction staff to be assigned locations where they are the sole medical provider.
- Responding to emergency and non-emergency requests calmly, efficiently and promptly;
- Administering basic life support to patients at the scene, in a pre-hospital/pre-transport setting;
- Assessing the nature and extent of injury or illness to establish and prioritize medical procedures to be followed;
- Maintaining order at scenes, and completing patient care forms, and all other forms in a competent and timely fashion.
- Conduct pre-event medical equipment inventory.
- Cleaning, organizing and restocking supplies in a ready condition after each use;
- Respond to requests for emergency and non-emergency medical care at events and other duties related to assisting event staff with general tasks that support the event;
- Maintaining accurate records of request for emergent and non-emergent first aid and medical care. Properly document each customer/patient interaction on a medical report in accordance with policies and procedures;
- Handling radio communications professionally and efficiently with careful regard to the divulgence of information respecting confidentiality requests at all times;
- Work cooperatively with assisting agencies. This may include, but is not limited to; event staff, volunteers, security teams, EMS Transport agencies, event participants, and spectators.
- The employee must perform all job responsibilities in a manner that protects patient privacy:
- The employee is expected to protect the privacy of all patient information in accordance with ProAction Privacy Policies, procedures, and practices, as required by federal (and state) law, and in accordance with general principles of professionalism as a healthcare provider.
The employee must also:
- Be a team player, as EMS is a team effort, and providers must provide necessary assistance to ensure work area sanitation, readiness, and adherence to quality assurance standards;
- Be flexible - work shift schedule may vary, and the start and shift times may vary due to the nature of the business;
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of applicable current standards of care, including equipment functions and uses;
- Assure that all certifications, licenses, and registrations are up-to-date; and
- The employee conducts themselves in a courteous, helpful, dignified, and professional manner at all times when dealing with patients, co-workers, supervisors and or the public.
Certified as an NREMT, AEMT, or Paramedic; current BLS for Healthcare Providers CPR; current state-issued driver license.
Starting pay $10 - $15 per hour, depending on certifications end experience.