Embedded Software Engineer
Pasadena , CA 91103
Posted 3 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are developing the next generation electromechanical components and systems for our newest technology products. As an engineer at Power.Global you will work with a team of mission-driven engineers with experience developing energy products for space, aerospace, consumer products and electric vehicles to make the mission a reality. Come join the team in bringing modern electrification to global emerging markets!
The embedded software team is responsible for architecting, developing and verifying firmware for Power.Global energy products and vehicle electrification. The team works closely with electrical engineers, software engineers and customers across the company to deliver high quality products on a rapid development schedule. Successful applicants will take responsibility for the development, testing and deployment of critical energy and vehicle systems as part of a close-knit team of exceptional engineers.
- Part of the team to architect Power.Global product network
- Deliver highly reliable embedded software for Power.Global designed hardware
- Work with engineers across the department to develop new products, from prototype through production.
- Take ownership of your firmware products, including verification testing and writing documentation
- Follow the Power.Global software development process and write great software for energy products and vehicle electrification
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, or science discipline and 2+ years of experience in C, C++ or a similar language OR 4+ years of experience in C, C++, or a similar language
- 2+ years developing software for the ARM Cortex family or a similar microarchitecture
- Working knowledge of hardware level software development, including use of timers, interrupts, low level drivers for hardware peripherals, bootloaders and debug tools
- Working knowledge of serial communication protocols such as SPI, I2C, UART, and CAN.
- Hardware debug experience, including familiarity with tools such as the oscilloscope, logic analyzer, protocol analyzer
- Passion for bringing modern technologies to emerging markets and curiosity in electronics for power products and high-reliability applications
- Experience programming and testing high reliability, safety critical, and fault tolerant systems
- Familiar with common electronic components and comfortable reading circuit design schematics and contributing to hardware design discussions
- Strong understanding of operating system fundamentals, including schedulers, network stack, file system, memory management
- Experience with defensive programming, continuous testing and similar high-reliability software development strategies
- Experience with OTAP, IoT
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills
- Stock Options (early employee benefits)
- Full Health Insurance
- Flex Time
- Work ownership and autonomy
- Meaningful work