Email Marketing Manager
Charlotte , NC 28201
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
At Athletic Greens, our purpose is to inspire fulfilling lives, starting with a focus on health. Our core values are People First, Life is an Opportunity and No Compromises. These values guide us in every decision we make; we look for them ont only within our own team, but also in anyone and everyone who works with us.
Our team has spent 10 years researching with the help of doctors, naturopaths, and nutritionists to create the highest efficacy and most nutritionally complete supplement on the planet. We never stop learning, growing, and researching. Its our mission to continue adding value to our products and improving the lives of our customers.
We are looking for an Email Marketing Manager with a strong background in personalization and automation to play a critical role in our retention and growth strategy. This individual will own our day to day email communications to acquire new sales, build our raving fan base, and re-engaged lapsed users. They will also audit, optimize and own our Email & SMS strategy end-to-end. Testing is at the forefront of everything we do, so we expect this person to push the envelope, challenge every I think, and drive data-driven decision making each and every day.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEBODY WHO HAS:
- A Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, business or other related field preferred.
- 3+ years of email marketing experience in DTC, preferably in subscription products.
- Ability to own a campaign from start to finish and ensure accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with managing email templates for scale and personalization including dynamic variables, snippets, builders & QA tools including Litmus builder and Email on Acid.
- A demonstrated ability developing and executing email marketing and communications strategies and tactics including onboarding, lifecycle marketing, trigger, and re-engagement.
- Self-starter with a strong test and learn mentality. Experience owning and executing A/B tests and translating data into business impact.
- An ability to independently seek out the resources in your projects to arrive at the right solution.
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams in a fully remote environment.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with ESP/CDP systems like Iterable, Braze and Segment a plus
- Experience with Agile Project Management and OKRs a plus.
- An understanding of when to push back and when to ask more questions.
- An incredibly positive, can-do attitude
- The willingness to promote and apply best email marketing practices, as well as unlearn and try new approaches when necessary.
- An impeccable knack for staying organized.
- An appreciation for data-informed decision making.
- An ability to stay focused while also keeping an eye on the big picture.
- An incredibly strong work ethic, integrity, and grit.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Manage our day-to-day email & sms marketing calendar for prospect and customer communications.
- Support our automated multi-channel lifecycle programs that retain acquired customers, grow lifetime value, and prevent customer churn, with a focus on Email and SMS.
- Collaborate with our Brand Manager to manage email and sms initiatives for seasonal campaigns and other announcements.
- Audit and optimize email automation for all stages of the lifecycle.
- Regularly monitor automation to ensure flows are working properly, triage when flows dip below thresholds, and coordinate with tech & product team to resolve.
- Work cross functionally with the marketing team to create and maintain an email strategy (cadence, promotions, content etc.), and calendar that aligns with other marketing initiatives and goals.
- Monitor and minimize unsubscribe/bounce/complaint rates and ensure spam regulation compliance, including GDPR and other international compliance.
- Spearhead and own initiatives that will grow our Email and SMS list, with a strong focus on building a complete customer profile for personalization.
- Own email production end-to-end including ideation, copywriting, legal review, running segments, final QA, and coordinate with creative team when needed.
- Analyze the performance of your email campaigns and tests, communicate those results to internal partners, and spearhead new tests based on that analysis.
- Assist in migration to New ESP and dedicated IP warm-up strategy.
- Report on weekly campaigns and automation KPIs and their relevance to monthly, quarterly goals.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A 100% remote working environment, which has been implemented from day one.
- An immensely strong company culture which is enforced through the hiring process and team collaboration.
- A mission-driven approach to everything that we do, with an overall goal to significantly improve our customers health and wellness.
- 90% premium coverage for top medical, dental and vision plans.
- An unlimited vacation policy.
- A 401k plan with Safe Harbor match up to 4% after three months of employment.
- A high-growth, dynamic environment that delivers opportunities for your direct impact to be felt
- Quarterly team-wide meet-up and annual company-wide retreats.
- A brand new laptop of your choice and a generous budget for home office set-up or a local coworking workspace.
- The opportunity to work with passionate, high-growth, business-minded colleagues who bring their all to the Athletic Greens mission each and every day.