Southfield , MI 48034
Posted 4 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Eligibility SpecialistOrganization: Area Agency on Aging 1-B (non-profit)
Program: MI Choice
Location: Oakland OfficeAAA 1-B makes the commitment to positively impact the health and well-being of older adults, adults with disabilities, and caregivers. The goal of our staff is to lead efforts within the six counties that we serve to achieve their highest quality of life through teamwork, integrity and respect. We offer the following opportunity to serve:JOB DESCRIPTION:
Under the direct supervision of the Eligibility Specialist Supervisor, the Eligibility Specialist is responsible for investigation and resolution of Community Support Services (CSS) eligibility issues relating to third-party payment systems, including presumption of Medicaid eligibility, and for assisting Care Managers with the completion of the Medicaid application for Home - and Community-Based Medicaid Waiver (MAW) clients.
Main responsibilities include:
- Assist with gathering, completing, and submitting the necessary information for Medicaid applications to determine the eligibility for Home and Community-Based Services Medicaid Waiver clients (in the community, via phone, or in office appointments). Act as a liaison between the AAA 1-B and the Michigan Department of Human Services to assure eligibility issues are addressed.
- Consult with CSS staff regarding participant issues in relation to regulations, procedures of assistance programs, and redeterminations.
- Utilize the HIS system for data management of Medicaid Waiver participants. Review bridges, Compass and Champs for redetermination and document in all systems consistently with communication to Supports Coordinators and Clinical Managers.
- Associate's Degree with 2-4 years of related experience in Medicaid program eligibility, Health & Human Services, office administration and data management, or a Bachelor's Degree with 1-2 years' experience is preferred.
- Preferred working knowledge of Medicaid and other Human Service regulations and procedures, including reviewing and comprehending the Medicaid program manuals.
- Detail oriented; high level of accuracy; extensive analytical skills; and ability to maintain a high level of productivity.
- Strong interpersonal skills in working with potential participants and effectively explaining the application & process either on the phone or in person (at the individuals home).
- Great customer service and communications skills, as well as strong technology skills including MS Office is required.
- Must have a valid driver's license and vehicle to perform home visits as needed.
The Area Agency on Aging 1-B in Southfield has outstanding benefits for this position that include:
Our recruiting team would love to hear from you today!Please complete our on-line application and submit your resume for immediate consideration.The Area Agency on Aging 1-B is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
- A 37.5 workweek, with little to no overtime
- Choice of 2 excellent Medical Plans that cost next to nothing
- Fitness and Wellness benefits
- Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability
- Separate Vacation and Sick Banks; both very generous
- Various Teams that you can join internally, including:
- People Team and Fun to be Fit Team
- Centralized commute since main office is in Southfield, MI
- AND you work with very pleasant colleagues at our Agency!!