Lincoln , NE 68501
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Eligibility Specialist processes insurance eligibility requests for physician practices across the US. They work in a team environment with specific work processes assigned. They will work closely with others across the revenue cycle to ensure timely and quality performance for assigned clients.
They will enjoy autonomy and independence while collaborating in a team environment.
- Generates batch and as needed insurance eligibility checks per schedule/per client to provide eligibility status to providers prior to patients arrival.
- Identifies patients that eligibility has failed and will work to resolve through payer websites and or contacting patients in a timely manner via telephone, text or email.
- Ability to prioritize eligibility reviews based upon appointment times.
- Documents in practice management system all updates related to patients eligibility.
- Identifies trends and communicates to Supervisor/Manager with data examples or system reports as available.
- Uses reports and workflow to monitor daily operations and performance; working with leadership to address positive/negative trends.
- Responsible for completing assigned tasks while meeting productivity and quality standards.
- Actively participates in team specific meetings, training and education.
- Acts in the best interest of the company and its clients while maintaining and protecting the confidentiality of all ALN and client information.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Knowledge of medical insurance eligibility processes preferred
- Customer service skills preferred
- Excellent communication skills with patients and providers both written and oral
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook in addition to excellent 10 key and mathematical skills
- Previous experience working with Athena (GE) Centricity billing systems desired but not required
- Actively supports change
- Capable of making timely independent decisions
- Inspires respect and trust
- Health, Dental, Vision and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexibility in scheduling
- Relaxed Environment
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Wellness Program