*IMPORTANT: Applicant MUST be drug-free, pass a Level I and Level II background check as well as a polygraph test to be approved for hire*
Please note: Summer is a full-time position and in the school year it is part-time
The primary purpose of this position is to oversee the day to day operations of the after-school program in an at-risk neighborhood. This person is responsible for providing a safe, caring, and educational environment while working with children grades K through 5th on various academic, mentoring, leadership, and other activities. Ensure overall program is aligned with the mission of PAL: "To provide positive activities, mentoring, leadership training, academic help and sports programming to youth in
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Model and uphold all agency policies and procedures.
• Promote and stimulate interest and participation in all activities.
• Build positive relationships with youths and serve as a role model.
• Quickly identify and seek to resolve conflicts and behavioral problems.
• File incident reports the same day.
• Complete necessary reports to monitor student progress and participation.
• Attend meetings with staff, parents, volunteers, PTA, and community as needed to assist in program delivery and promotion of programs.
• Coach, drive vans, mentor, tutor and keep students on a successful track.
• Keep the site, equipment, and supplies organized, clean, and safe.
• Supervise and monitor youth.
• Attend/work community events as needed.
High school diploma/GED
• Must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
• Must pass a Level 2 Background Check, Fingerprinting, and Polygraph through Pinellas County Sheriff's Department.
• Actively involved in everyday youth participation. (No sitting in the office)
• Willingness to work with youth, parents, staff, and volunteers is a must.
• Must exercise good judgment, common sense, and make responsible choices and decisions.
• Good communication skills, verbal and written, and the ability to speak professionally to staff, members, parents, groups, and community residents.
• Be responsible, organized, and familiar with Microsoft Office.
• Must be a team player and have patience, compassion and a strong desire to mentor and teach by example.
Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $9.00 to $10.00 /hour
Pinellas County Sheriff's Police Athletic League