Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Houston , TX 77020
Posted 6 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Offshore Maintenance Group
Transocean is focused on being the employer of choice for the drilling industry.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
Reports to the Chief Electronic Technician
PREREQUISITES / QUALIFICATIONS:
High school diploma or equivalent. Work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates
Knowledge of all technical calculations required for electronic operation of the drilling unit and basic computer skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry out daily inspections and maintenance on electronic equipment
- Comply with the permit to work system
- Carry out periodic maintenance according to the Rig Maintenance System (RMS) guidelines and coordinate that maintenance with supervisor and other department heads
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair of all electronic systems including dynamic positioning, communication, data acquisition, computers and navigational equipment
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair electronic systems including, but not limited to, Subsea BOP controls and drilling package instrumentation and electronics
- Assist in carrying out installation, calibration, and modification of electronic systems and components
- Maintain an adequate supply of spares to fulfill maintenance requirements; inform the Chief Electronic Technician when there is need to reorder
- Inform supervisor and other department heads of any technical problems or limitations that may affect the safe operation of the rig
- Ensure that reports for repair and maintenance of equipment are accurate and complete
- Assist in providing information for maintenance and repair budget
- Assist with the implementation of the outstanding recommendations from audits, as issued by Clients, Regulatory Authorities or rig management
- Communicate equipment problems or breakdown information via direct supervisor to Field Support Group
- Incorporate the THINK planning process into all tasks, whether working alone or as part of a team
- Participate fully in the START process
- Ensure subordinate personnel are properly trained in the START process
- Call a Time Out for Safety (TOFS) whenever an unplanned hazard or a change in the expected results is observed
- Carry out assigned duties in a safe manner according to Company policies and procedures
- Actively participate in weekly safety meetings and pre-tour meetings as required
- Report any incidents, potential hazards or abnormal situations to supervisor and other department heads
- Respond to emergency situations as per designation on station bill
- Ensure that all relevant safety procedures and practices are adhered to during mechanical maintenance work
- Assist in ensuring that a high standard of hygiene and housekeeping is maintained onboard the rig
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements for environmental protection.
- Meet the training requirements according to the applicable training matrix
- Participate fully in the annual performance appraisal process
- Assist with the supervision and training of the Electronic Technician Trainee
- Maintain discipline onboard and ensure compliance with Company disciplinary procedures
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Rig Based Position Experience
If you want to push yourself to great achievement, let Transocean develop your career.